We are looking for a dynamic person who is called to disciple children. We have visionary leaders who see the need to develop and empower a Children's Pastor to meet the needs of today's modern family. We are commited to teaching children that
Jesus is a daily friend to them not someone in a story but a true friend. Our kids and staff are eager to embrace a passionate leaders who will come along side our Lead Pastor's vision to reach St Louis families.
The Children’s Pastor is responsible for overseeing all programming pertaining to two groups: Early Childhood and Elementary. This is accomplished through supervising the Early Childhood Coordinator, who oversees programming for Birth – Kindergarten, planning
and executing all other activities/ events for children and families, and directly executing the weekly programming for 1st – 5th grade.
Type of Employment:
This is a full time position at the organization’s Team Leader level.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Hours Per Week: 40+ Hours
- Supervises: Early Childhood Coordinator
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit, schedule and lead teams of volunteers for Children’s Programming.
- Create age-appropriate environments and activities that will bring about learning and encourage spiritual growth for children.
- Chose and prepare age-appropriate curriculum for all children’s environments.
- Train all children’s teams.
- Work with the Connections Team Leader to maintain a strategy for connecting new children and families.
- Manage the Children’s ministry budget effectively
- Keep volunteers and parents informed and encouraged, using digital reminders, social media, and other creative means.
- Plan and execute annual events for community outreach as well as church involvement.
- Coordinate and work with Student Pastor on the transition ages from Children’s Ministry to The Avenue Student Ministry.
- Mature and ongoing personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- A love for Children and their families.
- Ability to fully embrace the vision, values & Statement of Faith of Twin Rivers.
- Training and Education in the area of Ministry Leadership or Children’s Ministry preferred. Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Possess the ability to use appropriate judgment, discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Ability to lead and direct volunteer teams.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong leadership skills.