Journey Ministries is an established, non-denominational, contemporary Christian church which meets weekly in a local intermediate school. We operate out of our dynamic, 9,000 square foot newly renovated Journey Center in the heart of downtown Davison, Michigan, where varied and multiple events and activities occur, including community outreach. Journey has a strong volunteer base, we average 100 children weekly in the children's ministry program (infant - grade 6), have an active youth program, and recently hosted 185 children at our summer Mega-Sports Camp. This Director will join a collaborative church staff that includes the Lead Pastor, Worship Arts Director, Student Ministries Director, Business Manager, Administrative Assistant and custodial staff. The Journey Ministries Leadership Team, which includes the Lead Pastor, serves as the leadership team for Journey Ministries. See more at www.journeymin.org
Our Children’s Ministry is based on Luke 2:52: “And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and favor with both God and Man”.
The purpose of this role is to provide the leadership and creative direction for our Children and Family ministry for the purpose of furthering Journey’s mission: INVITE people to begin a journey with Jesus Christ, MENTOR them to Christ-like maturity and EQUIP them for Christian service.
The goal is to partner with parents to teach kids about Jesus at their level, guiding them toward their next steps in faith.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assess and expand on the current children’s ministry.
- Assess, expand on, and develop quality activities and events for children and families on Sundays and throughout the week.
- Facilitate the recruitment, development and training of children’s ministries volunteer teachers and support volunteers.
- Coordinate and oversee all aspects of kids (birth-grade 6) worship and learning on Sunday.
- Collaborate with our Student Ministries Pastor for programming and activities.
- Develop and facilitate all aspects of family-oriented outreach.
- Organize and facilitate the children’s summer outreach program.
- Oversee our existing volunteer in-school mentoring program (currently Kid’s Hope).
- Communicate regularly with Lead Pastor, church staff, Leadership Team.
- All other tasks and responsibilities, as requested or assigned by the Lead Pastor.
- Have accepted Christ as their personal Savior.
- Bachelor’s degree in Christian education, or related field, preferred. Consideration will be given to candidates with a combination of equivalent education and experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in related field.
- 3 excellent personal and/or professional references from individuals in related field.
- Candidate must be willing to relocate to local area, and to become a member of Journey Ministries, agreeing with our statement of faith, which can be found in the “Who We Are” section of our website at journeymin.net.
- Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
- Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher, etc), and the capacity to learn new software as required.
- Practice the beliefs and values of Journey Ministries
- Be passionate about working with children, parents, and families
- Have a high-energy personality
- Be self-directed and self-motivated
- Be an excellent communicator
- Have a proven track record of successful and relevant relationships with children and parents
This position requires a minimum of 40 hours per week. Salary will be $35-$40K annually, commensurate with experience, education, and qualifications.
Applicants should apply via email to email@example.com . Include a cover letter, resume, and references.
Children's Ministry Director
Director of Children's Ministries
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's MinistriesFellowship Bible Church
- Benton, Arkansas
- January 21
Family Care Pastor (Student Ministry Focus)Evangel Church
- Lewistown , Pennsylvania
- January 20
Director of Childrens MinistrySt. Luke Church
- Columbus, Georgia
- January 20
Director of Children's MinistriesJourney Community Church
- Camas, Washington
- January 20
Family Life Minister - 1748MinisterSearch
- Kenosha, Wisconsin
- January 20
Journey Ministries is an established, non-denominational, contemporary Christian church which meets weekly in a local intermediate school. We operate out of our dynamic, 9,000 square foot newly renovated Journey Center in the heart of downtown Davison, Michigan, where varied and multiple events and activities occur, including community outreach. Journey has a strong volunteer base, we average 100 children weekly in the children's ministry program (infant - grade 6), have an active youth program, and recently hosted 185 chil More...