Position: Youth Director
Christ the King Community Church, Burlington, WA
The Youth Director will help to fulfill the mission of CTK by introducing young people to Christ, discipling them in spiritual growth, training them to serve Christ. and assisting parents or guardians in raising their teenagers to a wholesome maturity.
The Youth Director will oversee and support all activities of the Youth Program.
Lead Youth classes during weekend services for Jr High and High School students. Weekend services are Saturday nights & Sunday mornings. (25%)
Design and implement need-based, ongoing educational programming that, through adult volunteers, addresses the basic functions of the church including Bible study, discipleship, ministry, worship, evangelism, and fellowship. Including planning & preparing
teaching curriculum for weekend youth classes. (20%)
Reaching out to, communicating, interacting and building relationships with the students during the week. (25%)
Future planning for once a month events, summer camp, winter camp and goals to facilitate a mid week or separate weekend service just for the youth. (5%)
Enlist, train, and encourage adult volunteers who will help in the implementation of the youth ministry. (10%)
Weekly meetings with church staff as well as one on one meetings with supervisor to communicate your goals and direction for the youth ministry. (15%)
- Passion for seeing youth growing in their relationship with Christ.
- Self-directed Christian work ethic.
- Energetic, youthful attitude.
- See the need for and be able to stay refreshed spiritually.
- Build relationships with teenagers and help them to build healthy relationships with their peers, their families, and their leaders.
- Recruit and lead volunteers and/or interns.
- Interact effectively with pastors, staff members, and other church leaders.
- Provide short-term counseling for teenagers and adults, then refer.
- Develop and articulate a vision for youth ministry in the church.
- Understand and interpret the youth culture, both locally and globally
Wage: $15/hour; 15-20 hours/week