The High School Pastor is responsible for all aspects of ensuring the spiritual growth and development of High School students and team members.
Education and Experience
This position requires a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience as a staff member in a student ministry leadership capacity. Possession of a Bachelor’s Degree in Biblical studies or related field is required.
Essential Job Functions
- Lead and teach the High School ministry of Crossroads Christian Church in Corona CA
- Plan and execute biblically accurate, culturally relevant, and high- energy services for High School students
- Maintain and cast the overall vision of Crossroads Christian Church within the High School Ministry.
- Lead a team in the creation and operation of the High School student ministry, including weekly services, and routine special events.
- Create and manage an annual High School student ministry plan as well as a personal development plan that will drive all the activities and teaching of the ministry
- Recruit, train, and develop volunteer team members
- Support the Crossroads Growth Track by encouraging all Team Members to complete the Growth Track as well as providing a representative for all 401 Growth Track classes.
- Develop and disciple a group of student leaders
- Create and execute a strategic plan to reach out to each High School campus.
- Have an active weekly presence on High School campuses establishing Christian clubs, organizing prayer meetings, attending sporting events, and developing relationships with students and school administration
- Implement and uphold security policies/practices in support of weekly services and special events.
- Cast vision for and program the annual winter and summer camp for High School students.
- Design, plan, and conduct annual parent meetings in order to inform parents of ministry goals and develop relationships with them.
- Lead weekly team member development meetings and creative meetings for High School leaders
- Assist in the development of an annual budget for High School student ministries and manage spending to budget.
- Fulfill essential pastoral needs of Crossroads including, but not limited to weekend pastoral duties, pastor of the week, holiday season and event assignments, weddings and funerals
- Collaborate with the Generate team, staff, and volunteer team members as necessary in the planning and execution of Generate events and initiatives.
- Responsible for successfully transitioning students from High School ministry into the Young Adults ministry and weekend services.
- Encourage cross-generational community between children/students and adults.
- Weekly reporting of metrics specific to high school ministry
The above summary of duties represents the major tasks and duties. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Therefore, this pastor may perform other related tasks under the direction of the Generate Pastor.
Biblical & Theological Shaper: A biblical and theological shaper studies the Bible, translates his/her study into practical application, and helps others understand and apply God’s truth.
- Understands and rigorously practices biblical study and application of core theological points
- Uses Bible study and research tools effectively
- Teaches large or small group from Old and New Testament passages
- Answers common theological questions
- Translates biblical truth in a relevant cultural context
Catalytic Leader: A catalytic leader models servant leadership, empowers and positions others for growth and wins and actively builds a culture of Leadership Development.
- Identifies, initiates and effects meaningful change
- Casts compelling vision, both personally and collectively
- Sets the team up for success by leveraging the talents of team members with a keen understanding of their strengths and limitations
- Leads other staff and volunteers to excellent performance
- Identifies, develops and empowers leaders and fosters a culture of Leadership Development
- Generates and accelerates organizational momentum
- Models servant leadership
Team Player: A team player values his/her coworkers and works collaboratively with them to achieve organizational goals.
- Encourages, uplifts and motivates those around him/her by being authentic, inspiring, joyful and loving
- Values his/her coworkers and seeks to build healthy relationships with them
- Collaborates well with the entire team by exemplifying humility and flexibility
- Solicits and incorporates input from others
- Promotes unity (models and fosters relationships, celebrates diversity and resolves conflicts biblically and gracefully)
- Goes above and beyond job requirements, demonstrating a commitment to “do whatever it takes” to see the job/task through to completion
- Places the team agenda before his/her personal agenda
Standard-Bearer: A standard-bearer champions Crossroads DNA, message, values and ministry approach, drives for excellence, lives a life of actively rediscovering God and inspires others to do the same.
- Pursues a vibrant, authentic and inspiring relationship with Christ
- Champions Crossroads DNA, message, values and ministry approach
- Guards our DNA by identifying and correcting drift
- Tells stories that exemplify our DNA
- Embodies a tireless passion for advancing God’s kingdom
- Owns a personal vision of and passion for spiritual awakening
- Models and inspires others toward a lifestyle of actively rediscovering God
- Drives for mission accomplishment and continuous improvement
- Leads ministry teams toward alignment to centralized strategies, processes and procedures
- Maintains ministry environments and materials to our standard of excellence
- Demonstrates full support of Chapel leadership
Shepherd: A shepherd identifies where people are at, provides guidance for the whole person and helps individuals take their next steps relationally, emotionally and spiritually.
- Builds meaningful relationships with others
- Perceives where others are at and recommends next steps for growth
- Provides devotional leadership, counsel and meaningful spiritual encouragement
- Challenges and confronts individuals in a loving and non-judgmental manner
- Highlights and celebrates individuals’ growth
- Leads others toward increased levels of engagement
Creative Thinker: A creative thinker approaches a situation, problem or opportunity in new and innovative ways, takes a risk in implementing new approaches and fosters creativity among others.
- Seeks to improve programs, approaches or services
- Thinks outside of the box and is not bound by current thinking
- Challenges assumptions that may be limiting progress
- Offers new and different options to solve problems or meet needs
- Persuades others to consider new ideas
- Takes calculated risks on new and unusual ideas
- Establishes and maintains an environment where new ideas are encouraged
- Has an interest in new ideas and new ways of doing things
Recruiter: A recruiter connects an individual with meaningful ministry opportunities that enable him/her to use his/her gifts, talents and passions.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and alignment with Crossroads DNA and values
- Is aware of the specific serving opportunities that exist within a ministry and can articulate the core competencies and key behaviors of those opportunities
- Engages others in a winsome, inviting and engaging manner
- Listens effectively to determine another’s gifts, skills and passions
- Discerns potential ministry opportunities that fit the individuals gifts, skills and passions
- Presents a compelling vision for a ministry opportunity, clearly articulating the ways in which that opportunity advances God’s kingdom
- Makes a compelling ask to the potential volunteer to join his/her ministry team
- Follows up on the ask and provides information, support and prayer throughout the decision making process
- Connects the individual with ministry team or researches/recommends other potential ministry opportunities for the individual
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Associate Pastor of Children and Youth MinistriesBeloit First Christian Church
- Beloit, Kansas
- January 23
Associate PastorPeace Lutheran Church
- Hazen, North Dakota
- January 22
Director of Christian Education for Children, Youth and FamiliesSpring Valley Presbyterian Church
- Columbia, South Carolina
- January 21
Student Pastor - 1766MinisterSearch
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- January 21
Crossroads Church is a dynamic church passionate about Christ, His cause, and His community. Crossroads has a rich history in the city of Corona as it has been in existence for over 120 years. The ministry of Crossroads is entrenched in the city of Corona because of the large community events put on by Crossroads as well as its food pantry and adopt- a- block ministries. Its diverse population makes Crossroads a true reflection of its community. Crossroads’ commitment to excellence, creativity, and evangelism is evident in the weekend More...