Job Description: Early Life Director
Oversees and implements program needs for early life age participants (birth through Kindergarten) as a part of Family Ministries at Westminster that is biblically based, age appropriate, and relevant to our community life and ministry context, including but not limited to Sunday and Wednesday.
EMPLOYMENT STATUS: Regular, Full-time, Hourly
Reports to: Family Ministries Pastor
Supervises: Paid nursery and volunteer workers
Works with: Family Ministries Team, WC staff, parents, volunteers, church-sponsored groups, outside contractors, the congregation and community.
Serves as the main contact and advocating staff member for families represented in the early life ministry, including but not limited to being available to parents in times of need or question, following up with families consistently, and as needed after times of crisis, etc. As such will…
- Contribute to the Family Ministry Team through meeting participation, prayer, support, regular communication, team problem solving and implementation of new programming and facility decisions.
- Provide ministry theological and functional oversight in Early Life, birth through kindergarten area and develop and cast vision for ministry in alignment with that of WC and Family Ministry.
- Create and maintain healthy supportive relationships with the families of Westminster Chapel that represent the focused area of ministry.
- Recruit, train and assimilate volunteer teams to achieve common vision and goal set within Family Ministries. Adequately train volunteers, place them in areas appropriate with their skills and help them find fulfillment in their ministry role.
- Provide opportunities for community building with volunteers. Communicate necessary information with volunteers on a weekly basis. Work to build relationships with the volunteer staff.
- Provide appropriate communication with parents and volunteers regarding events, expectations, guidelines, health standards and department needs.
- Maintain all supplies and classroom equipment necessary for the support of pre-school and kindergarten programs. Also purchase the basic supplies needed to stock the ‘Children’s Resource Room,’ which supports the entire Children’s Ministry.
- Develop and maintain safe, clean and repaired learning environments for the children in your area. Communicate appropriate facility needs to the Facilities Foreman.
- Select, implement, and maintain Bible-based, age and developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Prepare resources & lesson requirements in advance to support our volunteer teachers.
- Maintain accurate registration & attendance records.
- Maintain awareness of current trends and philosophies in Family Ministry and health care through conferences, seminars, inter-church networking, health department and other educational programs.
Qualifications: This person should be in agreement with Westminster Chapel Statement of Faith and with the general philosophy of ministry.
- Strong commitment to the Lord.
- Attends church regularly at Westminster Chapel.
- Strong inter-personal skills.
- Loves children.
- Knowledge of different parenting philosophies.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- Strong organizational skills, which include: prioritization, detail orientation, and follow-up.
- Possesses conflict resolution skills including, but not limited to, staff to staff, parent to parent or parent to volunteer.
- Ability to contribute to a team-based ministry.
- Knowledge of standard procedures, ratios, current day-care health practices, and policies concerning communicable diseases and child abuse. Communicates needs or concerns to Security and Human Resources, as needed, or to parents when appropriate.
- Experience in working with birth through kindergarten age children and their families and has understanding of their needs, learning styles, and abilities.
- A theological awareness of the discipleship process of an infant through kindergarten aged child.
INTERPERSONAL RELATIONS/TEAM WORK:
- Demonstrate initiative by anticipating needs and solutions.
- Demonstrate flexibility in response to unexpected changes in work flow and production situations.
- Communication, cooperation, and assistance are given promptly and in a courteous manner to pastors, co-workers, subordinates, volunteers, outside contractors, the congregation, and the public.
- A standard of excellence in ministry and accountability will be maintained at all times.
This job description is not all–inclusive and may be added to verbally or in writing by the employee’s supervisor at any time. All entitlements are subject to Westminster Chapel’s policies, as amended from time to time by those in administrative leadership.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Chief Operating OfficerVenice Presbyterian Church
- Venice, Florida
- October 20
Creative Arts & Communication DirectorRadiant Church
- Richland, Michigan
- October 18
Musician - Minister of MusicTransformation Ministries Intl.
- Tacoma, Washington
- October 18
Timberlake Church - High School PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Redmond, Washington
- October 17
New Vision Baptist Church - Student PastorVanderbloemen Search Group
- Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- October 14