Elementary Director Assistant (Elementary)
The mission of Daybreak Church is to reach our community with the Gospel of Christ and to be a safe place for people to come and hear Biblical and life changing truth. It is our desire to be culturally and relationally relevant to the community that surrounds
us and apply the message of the Scriptures to peoples’ lives.
Carlsbad and Daybreak Church
Daybreak Church is a vibrant, growing and relatively young fellowship in coastal North San Diego County. The church facility is located in the heart of one of the fastest growing areas in the county with many young families in the immediate and surrounding
neighborhoods. There is an elementary and middle school just a few blocks away. Carlsbad is an affluent beach community and the members of Daybreak reflect that culture.
- Assist in overseeing Kindergarten-5th grade ministry including kids, leaders, and parents
- Work with Elementary Volunteer Coordinator in assimilating/retaining volunteers
- Assist in curriculum writing including activities and take-home sheets
- Purchasing, prepping, and setting up programming for Sunday services
- Creating ProPresenter presentations
- Assist and attend all children’s ministry functions and events
- Attend staff meetings as prescribed and function as a member of the Daybreak Church staff
- A heart for God and a sincere personal desire to grow in the knowledge of His Word
- Strong relational skills with the ability to relate to children and adults
- Possess solid time management and organizational skills, yet be flexible with changes and adjustments
- The desire and willingness to be a member of the church staff team and to grow relationally in ministry with and to them
- Effective team player, with the ability to also work independently
High school graduate and currently enrolled in college; ministry related degree encouraged but not required
Work in child/youth related roles; basic office skills (Word, Excel, ProPresenter a plus)
Compensation and Commitment
Job could be fashioned anywhere between 25-40 hours per week and will be compensated based on education and experience.
To apply for this position please send a current resume to: