First Christian Church, founded in 1882, is a church with a unique blend of seekers, new Christians, and those who are more mature. It is a nondenominational church located in the beautiful Santa Maria Valley. We currently have three Sunday morning services
with discipleship classes during the week.
The Sunday morning attendance at First Christian is currently averaging 750 (adults in service). It is a congregation which has varying views and traditions. Denominational backgrounds have little value as we seek to follow Christ. The body is strongly
united in the belief that the Scriptures are the inspired, authoritative Word of God.
We are looking for an authentic and engaged Adult Ministries and Small Groups Pastor, with a shepherd’s heart, who loves Jesus and will lead First Christian Church to the next level. We are looking for a team player; our staff currently consists of a Lead
Pastor, Creative Arts Pastor, Youth Pastor, Children’s Ministries Pastor, and a support staff of ten.
If you have any questions regarding this position, please contact Colleen Durbin at email@example.com. May the Lord guide and bless your decision.
First Christian Church of Santa Maria
Pastor of Adult Ministries and Small Groups Job Description
I. Basic Responsibility:
Plan and carry out the objective of moving people to a deeper relationship with Christ with a primary focus on adults. Critical to this mission is a solid character exemplified by a passion for church, a deep desire to help people engage with Christ, a
love for Christ.
II. General Description of Duties:
A. Adult Ministries
1. Small Groups
Responsible for Adult Small Group Ministry
- Develop, Refine and Expand existing Adult Small Group Ministry
- Recruit, train and equip Small Group Leaders.
- Provide strong leadership to Adult Small Group leaders.
- Provide curriculum and training for Small Groups.
2. Assimilation and Fellowship
Responsible for Assimilating Adults into the life of the church:
- Moving people into a deeper connection with each other & the church.
- Helping people identify their gifts/passion to engage in serving Christ.
- Help in organizing & planning all church fellowship events.
3. Adult Education
Responsible for Discipleship of the Adults of First Christian Church:
- Develop and maintain a planned discipleship program that helps people grow in their faith.
- Recruit, train, and oversee teachers and leaders in the area of Adult Education.
- Provide curriculum and training for Adult Education classes.
- Provide oversight to other Adult Ministries: Women’s, Men’s, and Couples.
- Available for Biblical counseling.
C. Other Related Duties (as assigned)
- Special Projects as assigned by the Lead Pastor.
Accountable to the Lead Pastor.
PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND TEACHING VIDEO (IF YOU HAVE ONE) TO BUSINESS.OFFICE@FCCSANTAMARIA.ORG.