The role of the Children’s Ministry Pastor/Director is to provide vision, leadership, development, and direction for the children’s ministry staff and volunteer programming teams as it pertains to the vision, mission and strategy of all environments specific
to Canyon Creek Ministries. The Children’s Ministry Pastor/Director also provides direct oversight to all ages of children’s ministries (birth – 5th grade).
CANYON CREEK COMPETENCIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
* Fully embraces the core values of Canyon Creek Church: Mission-Community-Generosity
* Effectively partner with parents, communicating with them routinely
* Be reliable, take initiative and be self-motivated.
* Embrace and adapt to growth, change, innovation and creativity.
* Use appropriate judgment in the areas of discretion, sensitivity and confidentiality.
* Have a cooperative, healthy and motivating relationship with supervisors, co-workers and volunteers.
* Provide vision, strategy, & development for all Children’s Ministry environments (infant – 5th grade).
* Provide leadership, direction and training for all Mill Creek Children’s Ministry staff (currently 2 part-time early childhood directors).
* Work with the early childhood directors to recruit and oversee all early childhood volunteers providing leadership, training, and appreciation.
* Recruit and oversee all elementary volunteers, providing leadership, training and appreciation.
* Review, purchase and oversee the implementation of all curriculums for the Large Group/Small Group teaching environments (2 years – 5th grade).
* Directly oversee of the elementary aged environment on Sunday mornings (K-5th grade).
* Develop and maintain safe, clean and aesthetic kids environments.
* Love kids and families.
* Provide clear communication and collaboration with fellow staff, volunteers and parents.
* Experience in implementing VBS, Kid’s Christmas Program.
* Willingness to help implement community outreach kids/family events (Easter Egg Hunt, Halloween)
* Work with the campus Youth Pastor toward a smooth transition for 5th graders entering the youth ministry.
* Responsible for check-in procedures and tracking weekly attendance including trend analysis.
* Meets regularly with the Campus Pastor to discuss ministry strategy and effectiveness.
* Works with other campuses to provide childcare for all-church events as directed including, but not limited to, large productions and annual business meeting.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, ABILITIES, SPIRITUAL GIFTS:
* Active and growing personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude and behavior.
* Basic working understanding of “Orange” Ministries Curriculum
* A passion for children’s ministry and to see families grow in their faith together.
* BA or BS degree in Children/Family ministries or similar.
* Previous experience with direction and administration of large church Children’s Ministries or Family Ministries.
* Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
* Experience in designing and developing children’s ministry programs.
* Effective communication skills (written, verbal and interpersonal).
* Demonstrated ability to understand and relate to children and their families and a passion to see families grow in their faith together.
* Ability to reach out and connect with families involved with Canyon Creek Church’s Children’s Ministry.
* Competency with basic computer software (Excel, Word, Publisher), and the capacity to learn new software (Photoshop, Planning Center, others).
* Reports to the Campus Pastor, Mill Creek Campus.
* Supervises and directs Children’s Ministry staff and volunteers.
* Receives support from peers on staff.
* Works to support the parents of Canyon Creek Church.
* Partners with other Canyon Creek Children’s Pastors
* Works closely with all areas of ministries within Canyon Creek Church.
Please include references and at least one photo.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Director of Children's MinistryMission Point Church
- Somers Point, New Jersey
- December 1
Anthem Kids DirectorAnthem Church
- Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
- December 1
Carmel Baptist Church - Preschool Minister/W.E.E School Head of SchoolVanderbloemen Search Group
- Matthews, North Carolina
- December 1
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- December 1
Children's MinisterNorthview Bible Church
- Spokane, Washington
- November 30
Canyon Creek Church
Canyon Creek Church is simply a gathering of lots people who love God and care for each other. Those of us who work here are just the ones who feel particularly called to support the whole process. We think you will find us to be really normal people with a passion for the extraordinary mission of Jesus Christ. More...