Site Stage + Lighting Director
You’ll be managing the stage and lighting efforts at one of our Crossroads locations. That looks like:
- Creating environments for worship and the overall weekend experience through lighting design.
- Light board programming.
- Light board operation during weekends.
- Managing and mentoring volunteers.
- Assisting with stage builds across sites.
- Changing lighting plots from series to series.
We’re looking for somebody like this:
- A technical artist. (Also known as an artistic technician.) You love to create something that moves people. You also know and love the gear that enables you to make great stuff. That means you get pumped about helping people “see the music” through stage lighting. It also means you find joy in maintaining a light fixture. You want to see from 50,000 feet one moment, and six inches the next.
- A flexible team player. You love it when a plan comes together. One of your favorite things is when a big team unites to create something amazing. You work hard to make others look good. You care about people enough to be flexible when things go unexpectedly. You actually like the musicians and teachers that you light. You work closely with technical directors, video creators, sound guys and producers to execute a creative vision. And you wouldn’t have it any other way.
Skills + technical abilities
- A teachable leader. You know there’s always more to learn. But you also know that you’re the face of Crossroads to your volunteers, and they rely on you for vision, execution, encouragement and guidance. Your work is marked by humility and confidence.
- Fluency in GrandMA light boards
- Familiarity with Martin fixtures
- General technical theater expertise
- Rigging expertise
- Stage electrical
- Metal fabrication
Monday-Friday: 3 full working days (schedule is flexible)
Additional hours as needed during set changeovers (weeklong builds every 8-12 weeks)
Occasional special events on weeknights (2-4 times per year)
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs
- Walking around
- Ability to see colors
to find out more about Crossroads, go to www.crossroads.net
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Modern Service Worship Leader (231711)Private Profile
- USA South , Texas
- December 2
Worship PastorChurch of the Way
- Auburn, Georgia
- December 1
Tech DirectorCalvary Chapel Oceanside
- Oceanside, California
- December 1
Video Producer / CoordinatorCenterPoint Church
- Massapequa, New York
- November 30