Harrison United Methodist Church in Pineville, NC, dedicated to bible study and spiritual health for the next generations, building relationships with God and one another, is seeking a full-time Director of Children’s Ministry. This person will be the primary
leader for the ministries with children (birth though grade 5). The Director will serve the congregation by recruiting and equipping adult volunteers for the work of the ministry along with developing a Children’s Council; developing and implementing a comprehensive
Christian Education plan that highlights faith, friendship and fun; providing programming for children and families to participate in ministries, missions and activities together that will allow them to practice and talk about their developing faith and ensuring
the church is a safe place for all children.
Successful candidates will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree; appropriate theological studies/degree preferred.
- Five-plus years of relevant experience in delivering successful programming for children and families.
- Excellent organizational, verbal/ written communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external members and guests individually or in groups.
- Ability to supervise a childcare coordinator and/or other paid staff positions in support of the total children’s program.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices within the time allotted while maintaining a positive attitude.
Salary and benefits are competitive. Please submit a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org