Positional Overview and Environment:
First Christian Church is experiencing radical growth and is actively seeking a Jr. High Pastor to join our student ministry team and extend our scope of ministry to the next level. We are an extremely creative, highly relevant non-denominational church
seeking to add to our growing staff of 15. Our church is focused on doing whatever it takes to know and show God’s love to every person in our community and region. Life change is our only focus as we pursue our vision. Our culture is simple; Jesus not
religion…major things not minor things…people not programs…spirit not preferences! We have a casual environment but a serious faith. Because we value the chemistry and culture of our existing staff, the ideal candidate will be highly relational, very creative,
extremely positive, have a desperate love for God, be an exceptional communicator, an effective visionary, and an excellent leader of leaders.
Our new Jr. High Pastor will:
- Provide overall pastoral oversight and leadership for our Jr. High Ministry (6th-8th) and work alongside our Sr. High Pastor (9th-12th) as a member of the student ministry team under the direction of our Executive
of Family Ministries
- Provide oversight and direction to the entire Jr. High ministry including a focus on 1) weekend/services programming, 2) intentional discipleship process of raising student leaders, 3) developing a cohesive process for assimilating young students into the
ministry and moving Jr. High students effectively into Sr. High ministry, 4) partnering with families for a more effective ministry strategy, 5) planning small and large attractional events, 6) developing an outreach strategy that aligns with the broader vision
of our church and its lead pastor, and 7) building relationships with students outside the church
- Develop the Jr. High staff of volunteers to become stronger visionaries, better communicators, and to achieve their ministry objectives and goals with excellence.
- Carry and implement the vision of the lead pastor and executive of family ministries within the Jr. High framework
- Be involved in student’s lives through general activities, sporting events, social media etc.
- Attend a monthly all staff meeting, attend weekly prayer meeting with staff, attend a monthly department staff meeting, conduct monthly 1:1 meetings with staff and key volunteers and lead continual leadership development meeting for Jr. High staff and volunteers.
Our new Jr. High Pastor will meet the following qualifications:
- Meet the Scriptural requirements for church leadership found in 1 Timothy 3 and Titus 1
- Will value both results and relationships
- Be a dynamic visionary who can effectively communicate the mission and vision of the church and its Lead Pastor
- Be outgoing and highly relational
- Have a true servant’s heart and lead from extreme humility
- Be highly experienced in creating relevant services for Jr. High students and effective in outreach and discipleship strategies that join families together in ministry.
- Demonstrate the ability to grow and develop leaders
- Be highly organized, strong administratively and able to manage large events
- Have experience as a member of a large staff as well as experience in highly relevant and dynamic service cultures
- Experience teaching in large weekend services as well as smaller venues such as leadership training, Bible studies, small groups or outreach events
- Have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar position (preferred) or 3 years of experience in another pastoral position
- Have a bachelor’s degree (preferably within ministry)
Our new Jr. High Pastor will value:
- Excellence in all things because excellence honors God and inspires people
- An atmosphere of personal growth and development with a willingness to be stretched, taught, molded, and sharpened by other staff members as well as the Lead Pastor
- The principles of spiritual authority and submitting one to another
- A high energy team environment with partners in ministry who desire to live life together and commit to long term ministry with each other
- An atmosphere that is fun, energetic, relational, and values clear and open communication
- The use of many art forms to express the message of the gospel as our message will never change but our methods always do
- Making disciples of new believers and challenging growing believers to new levels of leadership
- Thinking outside the box and approaching problems and growth challenges with highly creative and unique perspectives
The following items are required to be considered for this position:
Please send a resume, a one page philosophy of ministry, family picture, and a link to a video that provides an example of teaching or relevant ministry examples. These items will be emailed to: email@example.com