Evangel is a growing church located next to Michigan Technological University. Houghton, MI is located on the Keweenaw Peninsula, which is bordered by Lake Superior. The city made the Outside Magazine list of great places to live close
to nature. A typical winter is 200” of snow, which lends itself to many outdoor recreation opportunities. If you love winter, this might be heaven. Summers are gorgeous and summer days are long, with the opportunity for many stunning hikes hidden along the
Lake Superior coast.
As a church, we average 350 people, primarily young families, students, and professionals. If you come to a typical worship service you would see that people from all over the Copper Country gather at Evangel. We are purposeful about community.
Our church programs—children, youth, MOPs, women, men, college, Chinese fellowship, Korean fellowship, internationals, and many others—are designed to develop faith communities. We want to meet people where they are and we desire to respectfully, graciously,
and patiently help each other process the good news of Jesus that really changes lives.
The Worship Director will contribute to Evangel’s mission of "Living the Good News in the Copper Country Sharing the Good News with the world" by connecting people to God through music, worship, and the arts. This is a 24-40 hour
per week job, depending on experience and range of skills (see below). Our music selection includes songs by Hillsong, Jesus Culture, Elevation Worship, The Citizens, David Crowder Band, modernized hymns, and more.
• Growing relationship with Christ
• Spiritual and emotional maturity
• Good interpersonal and communication skills
• Lead worship / music at Sunday worship gatherings in coordination with Senior Pastor
• Oversee weekly band rehearsal and build relationships / disciple other team members
• Schedule volunteers / musicians (Planning Center)
• Supervise Tech Team (audio, visual, lights, media)
• Recruit and develop worship team members / volunteers
• Attend weekly staff meetings
• Plan occasional special services (Good Friday, Christmas Eve etc)
• Manage worship budget
Some combination of below skills helpful for full-time position with additional responsibilities to be negotiated commensurate with skills and compensation
• Marketing / Digital & Print Communications
• Knowledge of utilizing sound systems, tech and lighting equipment
• Graphic Design (Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator)
• Website Development / Maintenance
• Video Editing (Adobe Premiere Pro, iMovie)
• Pastoral Care/Counseling
• Preaching / Teaching
• Children’s ministry