Westgate Chapel is part of the Christian & Missionary Alliance and is located in Sylvania Township on the west side of Toledo. Our Mission as a church is to lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ where they are pursuing
3 Vital Relationships: Intimacy with God, Community with Believers, and Influence with Non-believers. We are driven by a desire to make disciples that are truly in love with Jesus Christ and as a C&MA church, we are passionate about sharing God’s love and
truth in our local community and around the world.
The Worship & Creative Arts Pastor is responsible for the overall weekend worship experience in regards to the staging, lighting, sound, and music, as well as providing leadership and direction for various worship experiences throughout the year.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience overseeing worship ministry
- Strong Vocalist
- Team Builder (proven track record)
- Learner/Self Motivated
- Knows how to lead others in the worship experience
- Style reflects a modern approach while keeping Christ at the center
- Leads from guitar or keyboard (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in ministry-related field (preferred)
- Born-again believer, having made a personal profession of faith in Jesus Christ.
- Lives consistently with and in commitment to the requirements of an elder as set forth in 1 Timothy 3:1-7 & Titus 1:6-9.
- Demonstrates a vital and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a love for God and His people.
- Shows evidence of control by the Holy Spirit and a commitment to righteousness in all aspects of personal life and ministry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Recruit and train volunteers to run all aspects tied to media and arts for the weekend worship services and special events.
- Serve as an encouraging support to the volunteers in their service.
- Works in conjunction with the lead/teaching pastor and creative planning team (CPT) in preparation for weekend services.
- Oversee quality control, inventory and purchasing of all media equipment in conjunction with the Director of Media & Technology.
- Stay up to date with changes in technology and develop plans on how to best integrate that technology into our various worship services.
- Gives leadership to the stage design team in developing the overall look and feel of the worship center/sanctuary.
- Leads weekly rehearsals in preparation for providing a worship environment that is marked by excellence.
- Responsible for scheduling worship team members for all services.
- Serve as the point of contact for worship ministry volunteers.
- Oversee all auditions for worship volunteers and media team members.
- Vet new music; stay current with the changing music culture.
- Continue to develop musical skills, as directed by the Lead Pastor.
PLEASE DO NOT APPLY THROUGH CHURCH STAFFING
TO APPLY - All candidates must email the following requirements to:
- Cover Letter and Resume
- One slow song sample (unedited video)
- One fast song sample (unedited video)