The Junior High Pastor will give oversight, instruction, and leadership to the Junior High School Ministry of Scottsdale Bible Church.
- To recruit, oversee, and train volunteers to participate in the various programs in the ministry.
- To project and manage an annual budget.
- To oversee and develop programs that accomplish the purpose of the Student Ministry of Scottsdale Bible Church.
- To reach students with the life changing love of Jesus Christ.
- To encourage students to honor God with their lives.
- To connect students with other believers in meaningful relationships.
- To teach students to grow towards spiritual maturity.
- To equip students to serve God and others.
- Must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, self-controlled, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not addicted to wine or violent, but gentle, not quarrelsome, free from the love of money. Must manage his own family well and see that
his children obey him with proper respect. Must not be a recent convert. And must have a good reputation with those outside the church.
- Must love God and love people, having a particular burden for students.
- Must be friendly, faithful, hard working, and an ability to use appropriate humor to connect with students.
- Must have a particular understanding of the psychology of adolescents.
- Needs to be a self-starter taking initiative in relationships and projects.
- Ability to organize and coordinate people, activities and retreats.
- Ability to lead, equip and release volunteers to do the ministry.
- Ability to study and teach the Scripture.
- Communicate well with students as well as parents.
- Willingly participate and lead in a team.
- Creatively solve problems and compassionately intervene in conflict.
- Have education in the Scripture, ministry experience and a growing walk with God.
- Continue to institute a heart for the Gospel in our Jr High students
- Continue to grow our public school campus bible studies
- Continue to create a process of discipleship for Jr High students to “own” their faith
- Continue to develop and increase our volunteer servants
If all of the above is within your skill set and experience, we would love to talk with you! We are looking to find a candidate who is able to love kids “right where they are” in their spiritual journey. We need a man who has a heart that breaks for the
lost and loves to share the hope of Jesus with students. Scottsdale Bible Church highly values student ministry. We run weekly Bible studies on the campuses of three public middle schools and six public high schools, so there is a lot of room for evangelism
each week. Our current junior high ministry serves approximately 100 students, but we are more committed to the heart conditions of our students and their own growth than simply adding numbers to our ministry. Our brand new student facility is a tremendous
resource as is the student team itself; these are people who love each other and love students. We have a lot of fun, but we work hard because at the end of it all we will kneel before God’s throne to answer for our efforts, and it
is our desire to shepherd His church in a way that will honor Him in all things. So if you want to work hard, have fun, see students come to know Jesus, and then live for Him, apply immediately and join us in changing the world for His glory!
ALL APPLICANTS CAN SEND RESUMES TO KYULE@SCOTTSDALEBIBLE.COM (Please include video of you teaching).