The Technical Arts Director is responsible for providing leadership, management and direction for all technical aspects of worship arts and production at The Rock (including all future campuses). This position works with pastors, staff, and volunteers to make our weekend worship services and seasonal productions excellent. We desire this person to have an expertise in sound while being able to understand and direct all other technical areas (video, media, lighting, music, set design). This position reports directly to the Pastor of Worship.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Must be a committed follower of Jesus Christ, demonstrating Christian maturity and a deep and
prayerful dependence upon God
- Previous experience with production of lights, sound, and video
- In addition to technical responsibilities, the TAD is responsible for setting the spiritual tone for the
Technical Arts Ministry. The volunteers for this ministry must understand their importance in helping to shape an atmosphere that engages people in worship.
- Committed to careing for existing volunteers through scheduling, training, equipping, and leading.
- Skilled at recruiting volunteers and providing a clear direction of what constitutes successful job
- Successful goal setting, follow-up, and achievement skills.
- Manage and maintain a high degree of quality in the execution of sound (preferred expertise in this
area), production video, lighting, and set design for the weekend worship services.
- Oversee set design for sermon series, Easter, Christmas, etc.
- Schedule and facilitate volunteers for all areas of Sunday production responsibility for the weekend
services and special events.
- Work with creative staff and ministry partners to help create an engaging atmosphere conducive to
- Gather all technical and video assets for weekend services and events- working in partnership with
- Oversee technical for all areas of ministry including youth, children’s, and celebrate recovery.
- Build, communicate, and oversee the weekly flow of services ensuring all leadership involved have
what they need to be successful.
- Responsible for the successful acquisition of Sunday messages for archive and/or digital
distribution (working in partnership with Communications Director).
- Lead weekly meetings with Worship Arts to debrief past weekend services (what worked/what
didn’t), review upcoming Sunday logistics, and plan future Sundays.
- Responsible for annual Technical Arts budget.
- Maintain, purchase, and coordinate installation of technical related equipment as needed in all
areas of facility.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Assistant Student Ministries PastorCalvary Reformed Church
- Ripon, California
- September 27
Student Ministry CoordinatorCalvary Reformed Church
- Ripon, California
- September 27
- San Diego, California
- September 26
Director of MusicOur Savior Lutheran Church
- Livermore, California
- September 25
Student and Children's Worship PastorGrace Point Church
- Bentonville, Arkansas
- September 24
The Rock of Southwest
First and foremost, we are a church who is committed to reaching people for Jesus Christ. We believe this is the most important issue in all of life. Second, we are a church committed to growing in our love relationship with God. Third, we want to IMPACT our world by sending individuals to reach others for the cause of Jesus Christ. You will often hear us saying, “God loves you just the way you are but He loves you too much to keep you there.” Since planting The Rock: Between 150-300 people have come to More...