ASSOCIATE PASTOR OF CONNECTIONS
The Associate Pastor of Connections is responsible for connecting people to First Denton. The main responsibilities include connecting families to groups, First Impressions, guest process, volunteers and serving opportunities inside the church. The Pastor
of Connections will need a unique blend of 5 elements: teaching, pastoring people, strategic thinking, creative ideas, managing people and an extroverted/energetic personality.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Generate increased awareness of church serving and group opportunities and respond to inquiries for connection.
- Recruit, train and lead volunteers for guest services (Welcome, Parking and Guest Central, etc.)
- Oversee the schedule and coordination of welcome and serving teams.
- Appreciate volunteers individually via personal communication.
- Support Campus Teams in planning and coordinating special events.
- Help recruit and train qualified leaders and volunteers to meet the needs of the church.
- Develop effective systems of training leaders, accountability and communication for small group leaders and volunteers.
- Execute a smooth sign-up process for each new season of groups and serving opportunities.
- Promote and oversee Discover First, the membership class of First Denton
Guest Process (First Impression Focused)
- Welcome Team
- Parking Crew
- Guest Central/Coffee Center
Connections Pastor (Discipleship-Focused)
- New Believers/Next Step/Discipleship/Marriage Basics
- Adult Small Groups
- Men’s and Women’s ministry
- Ability to recruit, develop and connect adults to ministry programs
- Ability to assist others in assessing their gifts, skills and interests, and use tools to link them to ministry opportunities
- Church staff experience in a similar role of connections and/or small group ministry
- Highly organized, administrative and dependable
- Approachable, friendly and outgoing personality
- Have experience working in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Undergraduate degree
- Seminary Degree
No Phone Calls -
Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com indicating which position you are applying for: Pastor of Connections Position