POSITION: EXECUTIVE PASTOR
Overview of the Position:
The Executive Pastor acts as administrator, supervisor, catalyst, mentor, minister, and overseer of the day to day operations on the campus.
His primary responsibilities will be assisting in the Senior Pastor in carrying out his vision for the church through administration and supervising of staff. This allows the Senior Pastor to articulate and provide overall guidance for the church’s vision
and to devote the time required in sermon and teaching preparation.
His overall job function would be to refine the vision, develop strategies, and lead the implementation to achieve the vision. He will nurture, supervise, develop staff, and lay leaders.
1. Administrator - the Executive Pastor will be able to oversee budget development, budget adherence, and cash flow in conjunction with Business Office.
2. Supervisor - the Executive Pastor will be able to direct the hiring of all staff in conjunction with the Personnel Team.
3. Catalyst - the Executive Pastor will be able to contribute to, articulate, support, and implement the Senior Pastor’s vision.
4. Mentor- the Executive Pastor will be able to work together with both paid and volunteer staff to develop leadership and set the vision for the ministries.
5. Minister - the Executive Pastor will be able to minister and the lead the congregation in all areas of pastoral care.
6. Overseer - the Executive Pastor will be able to supervise the day to day operations and facilities on the campus.
Essential Ministry Responsibilities:
In cooperation with the Senior Pastor, establish church policies and procedures that effectively facilitate the vision. Handle personnel conflicts and troubleshoot ministry program challenges. Facilitate the church budget and financial processes through
Supervise the daily activities of administrative and pastoral staff over education ministries to include preschool, children, youth, singles, college, and missions. Resolve personnel conflicts and issues among staff. Conduct weekly staff meetings and annual
employee reviews to set goals and objectives among the staff.
Commit to the vision and become creatively involved in its development through articulation and implementation. Develop the leadership structure of the church staff and its effectiveness through planning and processes.
Assist in strategic development and design of ministry areas. Assist in the professional development of ministry staff and lay leaders. Share in pastoral care along with the other pastors such as weddings, funerals, visitations and pastor counseling as needed.
Requirements: Previous experience serving on Church Staff in an executive role. Undergraduate and Master's level education required.
No Phone Calls - Send cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com
Must indicate which ministry position to be considered - Executive Pastor Position