Northbrook Church is a Non-Denominational church with an average weekend attendance of around 2,000. Northbrook is located in the Village of Richfield, WI 30 minutes north of Milwaukee.
Northbrook is looking for a leader that has the heart of a Pastor to become the next “Pastor of Share”. Our vision is to reach the 50,000 people that live within ten miles of Northbrook that do not attend church, with the life-changing message of Jesus.
The strategy of Northbrook encompasses three words: Discover, Grow, and Share. Our desire is to help people discover who Jesus is, Grow in faith and share their life with the world around them. The Pastor of Share will serve on the Senior Leadership team
and will mobilize the people of Northbrook to Share their life on the Northbrook campus, in the local community and around the world.
We are looking for a self-motivated team player that can work in a highly collaborative environment, that is relational and likes to have fun. The ideal candidate must be able to fully embrace the five core values of Northbrook Church:
- Taking next steps towards God
- Generations need each other
- Real people, real problems real questions
- Love intentionally
- Everything speaks
If your interested please see the job description below. If you meet the qualifications please send your resume to Tracey Schaefer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Pastor of Share
First Impressions, Connections, Next Steps and Mission
Reports to: Senior Pastor
Category of Employment: Full time
Payroll Status: Salary
Office Hours: 40 hours per week (may be more during heavy ministry seasons)
To help fulfill the mission of Northbrook Church (“making compelling followers of Christ)” by developing programs and strategies to reach and connect people within the framework of the NB strategic plan of “Discover, Grow, Share”. Northbrook desires to
reach the 50,000 people that live within 10 miles of Northbrook that do not attend church. The Pastor of Share dedicates their time to helping Northbrookers “share their life”.
The Pastor of Share with work along side with and serve as the direct report to the Assistant Direction of Next Steps, Connections and First Impressions and the Assistant director of Local and Global Mission (Share Local and Share Global)
Pastor of Share will serve on the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
- Meet the Biblical qualifications of a leader (1 Tim 3:1-13)
- Three years in a church of at least 800
- Proven capability in team development
- Proven capability in recruiting and developing leaders
- Able to develop and work within the structure of a team with high collaboration.
- B.A. Preferred
- Maintain a healthy spiritual life and commitment to developing as a leader
- Live and defend the staff covenant
- Work hard
- Attend all scheduled meetings on time and prepared
- Enjoy your job and have fun
- Work collaboratively with teammates
Duties and Responsibilities
General Pastoral Responsibilities
- Facilitate and execute the Northbrook strategy of “Discover – Grow – Share”
- Actively participate in the pastoral duties of weddings, funerals, baptisms and child dedications when called upon
- Share in the “Pastor on call” rotation
- Lead or participate in a life group
- Develop leaders and equip people for ministry
- Teach and Preach on occasion (if gifted in this area)
Specific Ministry Responsibility
- Lead with vision
- Continually align strategically with “Share” with “Discover” and “Grow.
- Think strategically
- Manage the “big picture” within the Share strategy
- Compile stats and create dashboards to measure effectiveness
- Provide high-level directional oversight to assistant directors within the Share Department.
Develop and manage Northbrook’s assimilation system
- Develop teams that will connect with all first-time visitors via phone, email, and other personal connections based on the book “Fusion” by Nelson Searcy.
- Manage, promote and develop the Newcomers Lunch
- Work with assistant director to get newcomers plugged into small groups and serve teams.
- Compile stats and develop dashboards to measure progress
Develop and manage all “first impression” teams
- Recruit, develop and manage all ushers, greeters and hospitality teams.
- Manage and further develop Northbrook's Guest experience from the parking lot to the sanctuary.
- Constantly look a Northbrook through the eyes of a first-time guest and make suggestions for improvement.
Local and Share Global
- Develop and implement a strategy to reach the communities that surround Northbrook Church.
- Develop and implement a strategy to reach the greater Milwaukee metro area.
- Develop Strategic Global Partners
- Lead the Mission Team and strategically align them with the Senior Leadership Team
- Strategically manage the “mission fund” budget allocating to both Share local and Share global.
- Develop and implement a strategy for short term mission trips
Work with nbCommunications to develop the Annual Discover Grow Share Communications Plan.
PLEASE: Send all resumes to email@example.com