Director of Music Ministry
LakeRidge United Methodist Church
Vision: Our vision is to be a congregation that connects the generations with Jesus in order to impact our world.
Location: Lubbock, Texas 79424
Full Time Position: The Director of Music Ministry will lead an energetic and creative blended music program, bridging both traditional and contemporary styles of worship. This person will work within the larger ministry structure of the
church and with a team of paid staff and volunteers to plan, coordinate and execute the Music Ministry of the church. This position reports directly to the Lead Pastor.
The current Music Ministry program includes multiple choral, handbell and instrumental groups with a combined participation of over 200 persons. There is a sanctuary choir, adult handbell group, instrumental ensemble, seasonal orchestra and multiple praise
and worship teams.
Responsibilities include the following, with additional duties as required or assigned:
1 Adult Choirs/Praise Team: Serve as the director of the sanctuary choir for the New Traditions worship services, scheduling, and the rehearsal of the choir. Duties include selection and preparation of music pieces
including hymns, praise & worship songs and special music. Work with the Music Ministry team for the coordination, ordering, cataloging and storing of music for all choirs and musical groups.
2 Handbells: Serve as the director of handbell choirs, which entails the selection of music, leadership of rehearsals, and scheduling of performances.
3 Youth Music Ministry: Cultivate opportunities for youth to participate and take part in the Music Ministry of the church. Work in conjunction with the Director of Youth Ministry and the Youth Ministry Team to provide
resources for the musical needs of the youth ministry, especially youth worship opportunities.
4 Children’s Music Ministry: Coordination, training, staffing, and providing resources for various Children’s Ministry music and activities of the church while working in partnership
with the Children’s Ministry team.
5. Orchestral Groups: Lead instrumental ensembles and full orchestra.
6. Other: Leadership of congregational singing. Participation in creative worship planning team. Administration of music and worship budgets. Oversight of musical instrument maintenance. Assisting with funerals and weddings as requested.
Recruitment and follow up with members of the Music Ministry. Supervision of all part-time music associates.
The Director of Music Ministry is expected to maintain high Christian values and professional integrity in order to provide an example for the members of the congregation and community. This position will also encourage all participants in the Music Ministry
to strive for the same standards.
LakeRidge UMC is a high-performing, fun, and supportive environment where your work is appreciated. We provide competitive pay and generous holiday schedule.
WE REQUIRE a Christian (preferably United Methodist) committed to living a life that reflects the Gospel, who is comfortable working in a United Methodist church and has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; seminary or other formal religious education is a plus
- At least 3 years of experience in church Music Ministry as staff or lay leader
- Ability to build, lead and empower volunteer teams
- Ability to implement a ministry vision
- Ability to sing solos and proficiency to play an instrument when necessary.
- Familiarity with United Methodist doctrine required; must be comfortable teaching it and representing the church
- Proficient computer skills using applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, database, email, internet, social media, presentation software.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Must have excellent organization, communication (verbal and written) and listening skills, with a high degree of initiative and accountability
- Exceptional interpersonal and relational skills required, with sensitivity to church members and visitors
- Understanding and enjoyment of a variety of sacred music as well as contemporary praise and worship music.
- Background check and fingerprinting
To Apply, please email all of the following to KKilgore@lakeridgeumc.org, specifying LakeRidge UMC/Director of Music Ministry in subject line:
1 Your resume and cover letter/email
2 Your religious/church affiliation & statement of faith
3 Your philosophy of church Music Ministry