Church of the Saviour – Executive Director
Church of the Saviour (COS) is a non-denominational Christ-centered church of approximately 1,500 people in the Philadelphia suburbs of Wayne, PA. COS is currently searching for an executive director who will be responsible for the overall leadership and direction of church staff, leading all functional areas to accomplish the church’s mission. This includes worship, connecting (discipleship and group life), equipping, impact (missions and ministry), care, children, student, college and affinity-ministry areas as well as strategic planning, finance, administration, communication, human resources and operations.
Essential Job Functions
The position reports directly to the senior pastor. This full-time position is expected to require 45-55 hours per week, and includes the following essential job functions:
- Support the senior pastor in the accomplishment of the church’s mission through ministry-effectiveness evaluation, discernment, decision-making, planning and overall direction of church staff;
- Lead the church staff to effectively reach and serve the church’s demographic to accomplish the overall mission;
- Partner with the senior pastor, coordinate and lead staff meetings to promote clarity, movement, alignment and focus to Church of the Saviour’s stated mission, central focus, culture and values;
- Partner with the senior pastor to create a team-based environment;
- Facilitate the annual strategic-planning process;
- Establish and maintain a set of key performance measures (KPMs) that provide the senior pastor and church staff with ongoing visibility of the effectiveness of all functional areas of the church;
- Implement necessary processes to assure congregational health & efficiency in a large church setting;
- Ensure the church’s operational readiness through leadership and oversight of the support staff performing duties in administration, finance, human resources, supply and facilities management;
- Develop annual financial plans;
- Lead hiring initiatives in cooperation with the senior pastor that are based on Church of the Saviour’s strategy and fit;
- Ensure staffing, facilities, finances and programs are appropriately and effectively aligned to best meet the church’s strategic goals; and
- Ensure appropriate processes, policies, controls and oversight are in place to deliver on all financial, legal and operating standards.
Education and Experience
A minimum of 15 years of experience as a senior leader in an enterprise (corporate, church, para-church, nonprofit) environment is required. Preference given to operations and/or general management experience.
A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
The successful candidate must demonstrate: a) an equipper orientation; b) a Christ-like attitude; c) a spirit and practice of availability; d) a leader-of-leaders track record; and e) high emotional intelligence. More specific attributes include:
- A heart for God that is evidenced by proven character and a spiritual-mindedness that understands that “apart from Christ we can do nothing.”
- If married, a strong marriage and family life that is visible to others.
- A shepherd’s temperament and servant-leader/mentor attitude and inclination.
- Strong interpersonal skills—ability to communicate persuasively and compassionately both orally and in writing.
- A strong biblical foundation for wise management in a church setting.
- Ability to establish and maintain appropriate standards for the accomplishment of ministry in a way that honors both God and people.
- Personal initiative and diligence that produces follow-through in tasks.
- Solid biblical/theological convictions that are aligned with Church of the Saviour’s Statement of Faith.
- An ability and readiness to be a member of Church of the Saviour, if not already.
- A willingness to grow and adapt to the inevitable changes found in a growing local church.
- Being a strategist with both execution and delegation abilities, administrative bent and gifting, great leadership gifting and track record, and an ability to speak both biblically and inspirationally when needed.
Please submit résumés and cover letters to the search committee at email@example.com
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Executive PastorBakersfield First Assembly
- Bakersfield, California
- October 24
Executive PastorStonehill Church
- Meridian, Idaho
- October 21
Executive Director of Creative ArtsCornerstone Christian Fellowship
- Chandler, Arizona
- October 18
Executive PastorHarvest Community Church
- Oak Creek, Wisconsin
- October 17
Administrative pastorLiberty Church
- Ozone Park, New York
- October 13