CHRIST COMMUNITY CHURCH (CCC)
16301 OLD STATESVILLE ROAD, HUNTERSVILLE, NC 28078
Children’s Ministry Director/Pastor Job Description
Christ Community Church is an inviting, contemporary, and energetic SBC affiliated body of believers; we are a community and mission-focused, 450+ attendance church that has been in existence for 26+ years. We teach the Bible as the Word of God, preach the Gospel to both believers and seekers, and have a burden to reach the many young families that call our community home. The mission of CCC is Seek, Disciple, and Send. We are located in Huntersville, North Carolina are only 10 minutes from the city of Charlotte.
Children’s Director/Pastor terms of employment: Full-time salaried position with benefits.
Children’s Director/Pastor role overview:
The Children’s Director/Pastor is responsible for the passionate leadership, administration, and direction for Sunday morning children’s church (Kindergarten – 5th grade) and Nursery (newborn through Pre-K), Wednesday evening Awana for Kindergarten – 5th grade, and seasonal events, such as Vacation Bible School (VBS). This ministry propels children on a fun and exciting adventure with God where their faith grows as they develop a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. This leader must have the ability to inspire, delegate, and build and maintain ministry teams. It’s helpful if this person is able to work with various forms of media such as graphic design, video editing, and audio. This position reports to the Senior Pastor.
Children’s Ministry Director/Pastor responsibilities:
General job responsibilities –
• Teach, grow, and disciple children.
• Create a positive, energetic, and loving culture of children’s ministry and inviting environment for children and parents at CCC.
• Recruit, disciple, train, and schedule leaders in your ministry.
• Equip parents to be the first disciple makers in the lives of their children.
• Reach children with the Gospel of Jesus Christ and teach them to be on mission.
• Supply teachers with weekly lessons, crafts, and supplies needed for Sunday morning program.
• Identify, develop, purchase, and/or select curriculum.
• Partner with parents through curriculum, events, updates, and support.
• Teach children the Bible in exciting ways and train others to do the same.
• Oversee and maintain children’s area (rooms, offices, supplies) and team of children’s assistants/volunteers.
Administration responsibilities –
• Build annual budgets for children’s ministry functions (children, nursery, Awana, VBS, etc).
• Attend and contribute to regular staff and pastor meetings.
• Maintain regular contact and communication, including organizing and conducting meetings, with staff and volunteers.
• Advise the Senior Pastor of any issues regarding children's ministries.
• Develop a system for reporting incidents, accidents, and allegations as quickly as possible.
• Administrate the check-in and check-out system for church services.
Additional responsibilities –
• Schedule and conduct Children’s “Ignite” new believer’s class.
• Coordinate and if applicable, perform baptisms.
• Purchase snacks, curriculum materials, and any necessary supplies.
• Other duties as assigned.
General preferred qualifications (education, skills, abilities, spiritual gifts):
• Active, growing, and vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, evidenced by action, attitude, and behavior.
• A passion for children and to see them and their families grow in their faith together.
• BA or BS degree in Children/Family ministries or similar relevant experience.
• Three to five years previous experience with direction and administration of church Children’s Ministries or Preschool/Child development roles.
• Proven leadership skills, ability to train and mentor others, as well as the gift to speak to mid-large sized groups.
• Experience in recruiting, motivating, equipping, and scheduling volunteer leaders to minister to children and families.
• Experience in designing and developing children’s ministry and or preschool/child development programs.
• Proficient in MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
• Very strong communication (written, verbal, and interpersonal) and organizational skills.
• Maintain a positive attitude and vision for yourself, the church, staff, board, and Senior Pastor. Ability to lead at a high capacity in order to grow with the church and serve on a team of leaders.
• Display a godly attitude and witness at all times.
• Ability to cast vision and energy to inspire people to action.
• Work cooperatively and cheerfully with the members of the Administrative and Pastoral team and shepherding of CCC.
• Tithing and active church member.
• Key personal characteristics: Creative, innovative, outgoing and engaging, self-starter, multi-tasker, high level of work ethic and integrity.
While the candidate must meet the general qualifications and perform all of the ministry responsibilities, the only way CCC will see more people saved and growing in Christ, is if this person also has the ability and deep desires to inspire volunteers, to delegate, and to build and maintain ministry teams.
Please check out our website: http://www.ccchuntersville.com/
If you would like to be a part of an enthusiastic and growing team, directing the Children’s Ministry at CCC, please submit your resume and cover letter today to email@example.com.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's PastorFirst Christian Church
- Lawrence, Kansas
- October 25
Children's Pastor/DirectorThe Church at Cedar Hills
- Beaverton, Oregon
- October 25
Preschool AssociateChrist Community Church
- West Chester, Pennsylvania
- October 25
Children's Minister/DirectorBettendorf Christian Church
- Bettendorf, Iowa
- October 25
Pastor/Director of Children's MinistryOtterbein Church Inc.
- Waynesboro , Pennsylvania
- October 25