The Mission of First United Methodist Church of Arlington Heights is to be a nurturing and inclusive community, actively connecting faith and life, and empowering our congregation to serve in the world. We are seeking your God-given talents as a
Youth Director to develop and expand our ministry to a growing population of middle and high school students. You will supply leadership and vision as well as implementation, partnering with the Senior Pastor and our dedicated volunteers. Housing
may be available as part of the compensation package.
Your pastoral opportunities would be:
• Pastoral calls to youth and their families
• Write for regular communications (newsletter, e-note, etc.) and seasonal offerings
• Community involvement
• Partnership opportunities with other churches
Your Youth Ministry responsibilities would be:
• Plan and implement ministries in consultation with the Youth Commission for middle school and high school youth to include Sunday school programs, youth group programs, and special programs and fellowship events
• Incorporate youth in the worship celebrations, in consultation with the Pastor and the Worship Committee
• Plan and implement a confirmation program
• Provide leadership and resources, including actively recruiting laity for support and advocacy to the youth within the church and respective communities
• Counsel and make referrals as appropriate
Your Administrative Duties would include:
• Recruit and train volunteers to assist in youth and confirmation programs
• Participate in continuing education as appropriate
• Attend and participate in the Church Council meetings and the annual Charge Conference
• Join in weekly staff meetings and other committee and commission meetings in support of the aforementioned ministry areas
• Communicate with youth and their parents, as well as with adults, about all of the age level appropriate programs and activities going on each week via the website, emails, church newsletters, and special mailings
• Prepare budgets and monitor expenditures in consultation with members of all programs and ministries in the aforementioned ministry area
• Knowledgeable about and implement the church’s Safe Sanctuaries mandate
• Real passion for the mission, values and beliefs of our church
• Demonstrated leadership skills: able to craft a shared vision and inspire others. Able to recruit and develop volunteer leaders and organize all facets of the Youth Program
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Prior youth related work experience is required, with experience in Christian education preferred.
• Experience with programming for youth and their parents.
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree (or higher) preferred.
• Knowledge and experience with using social media
• Self-motivated, reliable and able to take initiative as well as work with teams and staff.
• Experience with common office software including Microsoft Office Suite.
Job Conditions/Physical Requirements:
• Attend staff and Youth Commission team meetings as needed
• Licensed driver with a clean driving history
• Evening and weekend work are required
To apply: Please let us know your salary needs, and if you would want housing as a part of your compensation package. Email your cover letter, resume and statement of faith to email@example.com