We are excited about HPUMC’s new North Dallas campus! As we prepare for our 2017 opening, we seek an experienced and energetic Worship Pastor to begin working this fall. Under guidance of the Campus Pastor, the Worship Pastor will direct and lead all worship experiences for services and events at the campus level.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Lead worship for weekend services.
- Recruit, develop, shepherd and oversee all band and worship participants at campus.
- Coordinate worship experiences, including:
- Collaborate with Campus Pastor and others to plan overall worship experience for each service, and follow through with details of execution
- Scheduling of musicians, vocalists
- procure/prepare sheet music/charts and other necessary supplies
- run rehearsal/run-through and work with Production Director to ensure services are executed with excellence
- provide oversight on sound, video, and lighting elements as necessary
- ensure Ableton set is prepared for each service/event
- Provide direction and coaching to musicians and other performers to achieve desired sound and appearance, consistent with setting and themes.
- Attend and participate in All Staff, Campus Staff and Service Planning meetings on weekly basis.
- Lead worship for special events.
- Assist with worship leading for HP Ministries-wide events, outside opportunities as needed.
- Any other campus-specific responsibilities as determined by Campus Pastor.
Working Hours: Required on-site hours for this full-time position are:
- Sundays 7:30 am - 12:30 pm
- Monday – Thursday 9:00 am – 5:00 pm (somewhat flexible and subject to occasional variation)
Location: Formerly Schreiber Memorial United Methodist Church in North Dallas
HPUMC is a high-performing, fun and supportive environment where your work is appreciated! We offer competitive compensation, full benefit package and a generous holiday schedule!
We Require a Christian committed to living a life that reflects the Gospel, who is comfortable working in a United Methodist church and has the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 1 year of experience leading contemporary worship and music; 2+ years strongly preferred
- Outstanding vocal abilities/musicianship; knowledge of Christian/UMC repertoire, particularly for contemporary worship; and desire/ability to stay current with trends.
- Comfort in leading and performing before large groups, as well as talking with groups and individuals about religious topics.
- Formal music education preferred; degree or some college a plus.
- Good computer skills with MS Office and email. Social media skills a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; outstanding interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills; comfort in recruiting and mentoring others.
- Well-organized with a high degree of initiative and accountability.
- Physical abilities of seeing, hearing, speaking, walking, standing, sitting.
To Apply, please email all of the following to email@example.com, specifying Worship Pastor in subject line:
- Your resume
- Your pay requirement
- Your religious/church affiliation
- Link to 2-3 performance videos
No calls, please.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Worship and Associate PastorPataskala Grace Church
- Pataskala, Ohio
- October 26
Indy North Campus Worship PastorNorthview Church
- Indianapolis, Indiana
- October 26
Worship PastorVentura Missionary Church
- Ventura, California
- October 26
Pastor of Worship and Student MinistriesBrenham Bible Church
- Brenham, Texas
- October 25
Assistant Worship Leader / Youth PastorONEeighty Church
- Springville, Alabama
- October 25