Associate Pastor of Spiritual formation
- Is a passionate follower of Jesus Christ with several years of full-time ministry experience that includes time directing a small group ministry with a significant number of groups involved. Experience working with Youth or Children’s Ministry is also a plus.
- Models a strong moral and ethical leadership.
- Has giftings in teaching, administration, and leadership.
- Is a self-starter who can cast vision and equip leaders to carry it out.
- Can connect with and relate to people across the age and spiritual walk spectrums.
- Proficient or able to learn Microsoft Office products, video editing (Adobe), web design, Media Shout, etc.
- Is a graduate of a seminary or Christian college or university.
- Is or willing to pursue credentialing by the Free Methodist Church.
- Is committed to the Statement of Faith, Vision and Mission, and Philosophy of Ministry of WFMC and FMCUSA.
The Associate Pastor of Spiritual Formation will focus on fulfilling the command of Ephesians 4:11-12: “to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.” The main goal is to help the congregation deepen their faith in God and then apply that faith personally and corporately. To do this will require equipping leaders who can then apply what they are learning to their age specific setting (examples include small groups, youth groups, kids ministry, assimilation). This will accomplish this primarily through the following avenues:
Overall Ministry This includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Provide overall vision and direction for Small Groups (Growth Groups) and Assimilation Ministries (Next Steps).
- Prepare an annual budget and ministry goals for discipleship ministries, and work with the teams of age specific ministries on their goals and budgets.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Director of Youth Ministry, Director of Children’s Ministry, and Director of Next Steps, and Growth Group Leaders. Provide training opportunities for these leaders to grow.
- Be available for preaching (6-10 times a year), pastoral care, and other staff duties as needs arise
- Help create and apply intentional pathways to move people from first time guests to thriving members. Help people go deeper in their commitment to God and WFMC through membership.
- Work with the Welcome Team to create an environment that wows first time guests and helps members feel like this church is family
- Work with the Assimilation Team (Next Steps) and Guest and Member Follow-up Team (Care Team) on follow-up strategies and execution of those strategies from Sunday Services.
- Recruit leaders for adult fall, spring, and summer Growth Groups. Provide opportunities for growth and equipping for leaders. Create systems and opportunities to raise up new leaders and groups. Follow-up with leaders throughout the semester to provide encouragement and assure group health. Design group pushes and promotions.
- Create programs that would engage the whole church in strategic discipleship initiatives at certain times of the year.
- Help congregants develop spiritual goals (Next Steps) and provide a pathway for them to move in that direction
- Lead semester or strategic groups focused on discipleship. (examples include: a small group, new believers groups, baptism class, membership class, etc).
- Work with the Next Steps team or an additional team to create intentional pathways to serving opportunities.
- Create a “first serve” program where attendees can try out serving in a ministry before making a longer term commitment.
- Help attendees both discover and use their gifts to serve God.
- Work with the Lead Pastor and Director of Outreach to connect age specific ministries to opportunities to serve outside the walls of the church.
Accountability and Team Participation
a. This position reports to the Lead Pastor
b. Regular meetings include a weekly staff meeting and a monthly Board of Ministry (BOM) meeting
c. This position is full-time and will be expected to work an average of 40-50 hours per week
The salary range for this position is 25K-31K and is based off of experience. On top of the salary the employment package includes rent free living in a 2000 square foot parsonage, health insurance coverage, professional expense money, and other benefits.
Please email a resume and letter of interest to Pastor Tyson at firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
Associate Pastor of MinistriesBethel EC Church
- Dixon, Illinois
- October 24
Community Life Director242 Community Church
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- October 23
Associate Pastor for Small Groups and AdministrationCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21
Pastor to MenCompass Church
- Salinas, California
- October 20