This posting is no longer available. This is either because the employer has filled the position or the position has closed. Click here to find more jobs like this one.
The River Community Church

Office Administrator and Worship Leader

The River Community Church
Iowa City, Iowa, United States

Date Posted: 06/22/2016
Categories: Business/Administration - Music Ministry - Worship Pastor
Denominations: Baptist
Church Size: 101 to 150
Job Type: Part-Time

Job Description:

The River Community Church is looking for an energetic and talented individual to be the first impression of the River in the office as well as on Sunday mornings. We are located in the Big Ten city of Iowa City. Though our pastor graduated from the UW-Madison, we still enjoy cheering on our Hawkeyes and enjoying our fair share of tailgating. In a nutshell, we are a Converge church with strong ties to the community and a heart for our city.


The position (if combined) is a 30 hour week with approximately 70% being dedicated to office management and the remaining 30% left for leading worship and practices. We are ideally seeking one candidate for both positions, but we are open to two candidates to divide the jobs. Either position has the potential to become full-time.


The hours for the position are broken down below.

Office Administration:

9am-4pm Tues-Thurs in the office

Music Leader:

Sunday mornings at 10:30am and additional practice times as needed.

Spiritual Qualifications for both positions.

  • Must have a personal relationship with Christ and be a committed follower of Jesus.

  • Must regard the Bible as the authoritative guide for life and faith.

  • Must have a heart for the lost and a desire to see the gospel given to others.

Job Skills & Requirements for both positions.

  • Excellent verbal, written, musical and leadership skills

  • Teachable spirit and the ability to work well with others

  • Organized, proactive, and self-motivated; able to work with little supervision

  • Must pass a federal background check

Worship Leader:


Worship Leader’s Responsibilities

  • Recruit, evaluate, and schedule band members for weekend services and special events

  • Develop, train, encourage, and mentor musicians

  • Lead rehearsals in preparation for Sunday worship services

  • Lead worship at weekend services and special events

  • Oversee and work with the tech team, which includes sound, recording, and video

  • Prepare video presentation, song lyrics, video clips, and announcement slides

  • Ensure adequate Audio/Visual tech is provided for special events such as weddings, funerals, conferences, simulcasts, etc. (There is additional pay for such events)

  • Evaluate, purchase, maintain, troubleshoot and oversee repair of sound, video, etc

Experience and Qualifications:

  • Have several years of experience in leading worship

  • Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.

  • Demonstrate vocal and instrumental proficiency in traditional and contemporary music

  • Demonstrate proficiency in playing a lead instrument such as the piano or guitar

  • Must become proficient in EasyWorship

Ideally, we would be looking for someone to develop community connections with the musical culture in Iowa City.  We live in a vibrant culturally diverse Big Ten college town, there is much to see and many people to get to know. Get out there and meet people!


Office Administrator:

The Office Administrator will serve as an assistant to the pastor and provide administrative support to church committee leaders, volunteers, as well as those who utilize the building.


  • Manage content and production of church communications including the monthly newsletter, weekly emails, weekly bulletins, visitor packets, etc

  • Answers phone, direct calls as needed, greet visitors to church office

  • Order office supplies, ministry supplies, curriculum, etc

  • Support financial secretary and assist financial statements

  • Schedule and work with outside groups who rent the facilities

Job Skills & Requirements

  • Proficient in Microsoft, google docs, website interaction, basic internet use (experience with Quickbooks would be a plus!)

Experience and Qualifications:

  • Successful completion of a minimum of 2 years of college


Depends upon qualifications and experience.

$25,000-30,000 per year with potential for growth and raises.

Depending on the candidate, the position could include temporary housing.

For either or both positions contact Pastor Joshua at

Please send a resume and video link. Resumes without videos will not be considered.