Worship Leader Opportunity
Introduction to Worship Leader Opening
The Daniel Island Fellowship is seeking a dynamic and thoughtful worship leader for our weekly Sunday worship services and leadership team. Drawing from his or her own faith journey in Christ, this person must have experience with worship leading, including
singing lead vocals and proficiency in keys or guitar. Below is a description of our growing church, as well as the worship leader opportunity.
Overview of The Daniel Island Fellowship
The Daniel Island Fellowship is a new non-denominational church that seeks to create community and culture on mission with Christ for Daniel Island, Charleston and beyond. Beginning with four families in the fall of 2014, The Daniel Island Fellowship officially
launched Sunday worship services in the fall of 2015 and currently averages approximately 200 people each Sunday. By the end of 2016, given our growth trajectory, we expect to average 250-350 people each Sunday. While the primary demographic of The Daniel
Island Fellowship is young families, we have a wide range of people of many ages and stages of life in our growing and vibrant community of faith.
Ancient-Future Foundation of The Daniel Island Fellowship
The Daniel Island Fellowship uniquely blends the Christian faith of old with an intentional and sacrificial focus of living the faith anew. Gleaning from the Anglican and Presbyterian missionary traditions, we embrace the four historic elements of the church:
worship, community, formation and mission.
- Worship – We gather every Sunday for our community worship service. Our goal is to experience God's truth, goodness and beauty through His Word and His Presence. To this end, we use scripture, prayer, liturgy, an engaging message and acoustic musical elements.
- Community – As a means of connecting with God, our neighbors and ourselves, we have a unique mix of groups that meet on Daniel Island and beyond. All of our groups incorporate at least one historic element of the church, be it worship, community, formation
- Formation – In our first season as a new community of faith, we are hosting various events to develop our persons, marriages, children and families in Christ.
- Mission – Recognizing that we have been gifted with incredible leadership and resource, we aim to be a creative and sacrificial community of faith. To this end, we seek to serve and birth charitable works and church plants for greater Charleston and North
Planting Partnerships of The Daniel Island Fellowship
The Daniel Island Fellowship represents the pioneering church plant of the Mission Collective, a budding nonprofit organization that seeks to inspire and plant citycentric hubs of mission for North America. Furthermore, the Daniel Island Fellowship is advised
and assisted by Redeemer City-to-City, a leading church planting organization in North America, and leans into its friendship with Holy Trinity Brompton.
Beliefs of The Daniel Island Fellowship
The Daniel Island Fellowship is a non-denominational creedal church, holding to the historic practices of the church and orthodox Christian beliefs as presented in the Bible and summarized in the Apostles' Creed and Nicene Creed.
Worship Leader Qualifications
- Demonstrates a stable, mature Christian walk with Jesus Christ.
- Humble, teachable servant leader.
- Love for music, creativity and worship.
- Passion for an “ancient-future” church, which integrates music, historic prayers, scripture reading, teaching, communion, and other worship elements.
- A love for collaboration and working together on a team.
- The ability to work with the Lead Pastor and The Daniel Island Fellowship team to prepare and execute worship services.
- At least 2 years of leading music on a worship team or as the leader of a worship team.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to attract and lead other musicians.
- Passion for excellence and high attention to detail.
- An understanding and call towards serving and leading the people of The Daniel Island Fellowship.
Style of Music and Creative Elements
- We enjoy beauty and simplicity, all done with excellence.
- We have a stripped down, acoustic/folk worship sound, with acoustic guitar, keys, vocals (with harmonies), light drum and percussion. We occasionally bring in other instruments (e.g. banjo, mandolin and violin) as needed for songs. While we enjoy this stripped
down sound, we are also open to expanding our worship sound for certain Sundays or worship nights.
- Our worship music influences include (but are not limited to) the following: All Sons and Daughters, Rend Collective, I Am They, John Mark McMillan, Brian & Katie Torwalt, Urban Rescue, United Pursuit, Housefires, Needtobreathe and much more.
- We are very open to original worship music, including more reflective songs that fit with the message.
- We use reflective songs (songs they do not necessarily need to be sung by everyone) for our response time (during communion).
General Working Hours (10 hours per week)
- 6 hours on Sunday (7am - 1pm)
- 2 hours for Rehearsal (weekday evening)
- 2 hours for individual practice (on your own)
Salary, Reporting, Start Date and Time Off:
- Compensation – $1,000/month
- Reporting – The worship leader will be report to the Lead Pastor (Paul Sorensen) and work through the Associate Pastor (Wes Roberts).
- Start Date – Immediately
- We would like a commitment of every Sunday, with four Sundays off per year. We are open to discussing other options.
- Full-Time Consideration – There is a strong possibility that this opportunity could become a full-time position over the next year given the growth trajectory of our church.
To apply, please forward your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Professional Recording: We would ask that you send a professional video or audio recording of your worship leading. If you do not currently have one, we ask that you create one before you apply for this position.