Job Description:Contact Employer Apply Now
In 2018, First Baptist Church will celebrate 200 years of ministry in our community. First Baptist Church is located in a quiet community in Southeastern, Ohio. We are excited about expanding our worship service to reach the college community across from the church and the young families in our area. We also want to strenthen our current traditional service as well. This position will allow us to move our church forward into the future.
The Associate Pastor position will have the following responsibilities.
A. 50% of the job responsibilities would be helping to lead and coordinate worship ministries that will meet the needs of our current congregation and develop worship opportunities that will assist us in reaching the young college students and young families in our community. A musical background is required for this position.
B. 25% would be developing ways to reach the Marietta College Campus. Our church is the closest church to the college campus.
C. 25% would be to assist the current Director of Youth and Children with the youth ministries.
A seminary degree or willingness to pursue is required for this position.
- Direct and be responsible for the planning, organizing, and the continued growth of our worship services including music, sound, and technology.
- Plan and conduct music and creative elements for our services, coordinating with leadership/staff
- Assist in creating worship experiences that will draw people into the presence of God.
- Select relevant music, in conjunction with Senior Pastor, for the service(s) and for special music/worship events
- Build a consistent team of vocalists, instrumentalists, and tech people, leading them as they lead others in an impactful worship experience
- Recruit, audition, and schedule instrumentalists, vocalists and tech team personnel.
- Develop a variety and balance in types of music and personnel (i.e., solos, choirs, duets, ensembles)
- Follow up all leads or responses of individuals who indicate an interest in the creative arts and music area
- Assist the Worship Commission with the music ministry and organizing the weekly worship service and special services.
- Recruit, develop and empower student and adult leaders to lead campus ministry.
- Develop a student leadership team that creates opportunities for college-aged individuals to discover Jesus, build community and live out their faith in service.
- Establish communication between college students and the church.
- Pursue and meet with students in their environments.
- Develop and lead a large group gathering (Club) and serve as primary leader.
- Implement a strategy for helping students grow in their faith.
- Create and oversee small group ministries.
- Serve as a mentor for one or more students yearly as a model for other leaders to implement.
- On a regular basis, meet with college students to provide guidance and encouragement.
- Create opportunities for students to grow and serve experientially through local and international mission trips, community projects, summer staff, etc.
- Cast vision and recruit college students to serve within their unique gifting in the church and the community.
- Develop culturally relevant engagement ministry.
- Coordinate with the Director of Youth in leading and organizing the Jr. High and High School Ministries
- Work with Director of Youth to design a cohesive and comprehensive youth development program for grades 5–12
- Coordinate with the Director of Youth in scheduling opportunities for Jr. High and High School to provide a fun environment in which youth can explore their faith through small groups, camps, retreats, outreach, socials, etc.
- As needed engage in students' and their families' lives through contact by phone, mail, meals with families, attending extracurricular activities, etc.
- Coordinate with the Director of Youth in Planning, composing and creating effective publicity for youth activities through various methods
- Work with Director of Youth to research and stay informed on new and effective ways to minister to young people (i.e. attending workshops, conferences, networking with other youth leaders, etc.)
- Stay current on technology that would enhance the ministry to and communication with youth
- Work closely with the Deacon Board and Christian Ed Board
- Demonstrate a stable, growing, and mature relationship with Jesus Christ
- Four year degree from an accredited college or university.
- Seminary degree or a willingness to pursue (2 week allowance each year)
- Formal music training
- Experience in worship ministry, leading and developing
- Proficient in leading worship using their musical gifts, working knowledge of tech, i.e., lighting, sound, video
- Mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, as well as the ability to clearly communicate it to various Christian and Non-Christian groups in our community.
- Committed to spiritual integrity and artistic excellence
- Ability to recognize, recruit, and develop talented people that can serve in the worship ministry and student ministry
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
- Ability to see the ‘big picture’ and complete projects in a timely manner
- Organized, self-starter, who is always well prepared
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- High energy, engaging, relational, a great presenter, who garners respect through leading and serving
For a copy of the job description or questions, please contact Rev. Chad Mugrage at firstname.lastname@example.org or 740-373-1273
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
You Also May Be Interested In:
Associate Pastor for DiscipleshipCanopy Roads Baptist Church
- Tallahassee, Florida
- January 14
Associate Pastor of Family MinistriesAGORA Search Group
- Colorado Springs, Colorado
- January 13
Associate PastorLake Sarah Baptist Church
- Slayton, Minnesota
- January 13
Assistant Pastor of Youth and WorshipNewfolden Evangelical Free Church
- Newfolden, Minnesota
- January 13
Director of Family Life CenterReynoldsburg United Methodist Church
- Reynoldsburg, Ohio
- January 12