Northwest Christian Church, a dynamic and growing church located in Acworth, GA, is prayerfully seeking the right person to join our team as a full-time worship and creative arts pastor. Northwest is passionate about transforming northwest Atlanta by creating
churches where Real Life Change happens and we believe that corporate worship is central to making that dream a reality. While we are still relatively small (approaching 500 on a weekend) we are growing quickly (33% in the last 12 months) and we need the
right candidate to take our weekend worship services to the next level.
The right candidate for the job will possess the following qualities:
- Creative People Person. Our church is passionate about using all kinds of creative art forms (except maybe interpretive dance!) to express our love to God on the weekend. We need a passionate and creative leader to help us in this. The
right fit for our team also needs to genuinely like people and enjoy having real, face to face conversations.
- Student of the Word. While we are a modern and progressive church, we don’t believe in choosing songs or other creative content simply because it is new or popular. We want songs that are thematically relevant to the day’s topic but songs
that are also theologically deep and accurate.
- Pastor/Coach. The right fit for our church understands that the job of a pastor is to equip the saints for ministry, not to do all the ministry themselves (Eph. 4). While this position requires a lot of up-front leadership on the weekend,
the right person for this job knows how to delegate and is comfortable leading from the back too.
- Hard-working Self-starter. Our lead pastor does not micromanage. You will need to be self-motivated and willing to work hard and follow through on tasks until completion in order to thrive in this environment. If you need lots of supervision
and a boss who sends multiple reminder emails, this won’t be the right fit for you.
- Leader/Shepherd. We are blessed with some tremendously skilled musicians and tech team members. They need a strong leader to follow but we’re not looking for a worship dictator. We want a pastor who cares for the sheep while leading
- Fun-loving Team-mate. We don’t do “silo” ministry. Our whole staff works together to accomplish our vision. We also like to laugh…a lot! If you can’t envision yourself working on a healthy team or if you take yourself too seriously,
this probably isn’t the place for you.
- Balanced at Home and Work. While we need a hard-working initiator who isn’t afraid of putting in a full day’s work, we’re also striving to build a team for the long haul. The right candidate for this position jealously guards their days
off, uses all their vacation time, and takes their prayer days every month to avoid burn out.
- Lactose Intolerant. We don’t do cheese here at Northwest. If you consistently send Carmen videos to your friends and think that “Footprints” is rad, please don’t apply.
- Strong Musician. You will be expected to lead us in musical worship a majority of weekends. We don’t care what your primary instrument is (guitar, vocals, keys, cowbell, etc.) but you will need to be proficient and talented. You don’t
need to be the best musician or vocalist on stage but this is not a training ground either.
- Looking for a Family. Everyone staff member here is also an active participant in the Northwest family. It can’t just be about the pay check! They participate in the life of the church and would attend here, even if they weren’t paid.
If you aren’t looking for a church home, don’t want to be in a life group with others, don’t plan on growing deeper or serving as part of this community, this won’t be the best fit for you.
If, after prayerful consideration, you think you might be the right fit for this position, please send a resume, list of references and at least two video samples of you leading worship to email@example.com. We are hoping to fill this position
as quickly as the Lord will allow. All resume submissions will be replied to within 72 hours. We won’t leave you in job search limbo!
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits include paid time off, health insurance stipend, retirement matching, professional expense account, and training/education opportunities.