If you're a musical Worship Leader in the Baytown, Houston, or another closeby area, we'd LOVE to have you join our student ministry here at Second! SecondStudents is the student ministry of Second Baptist Church of Baytown, TX engaging the students of Baytown
and surrounding areas. We are looking for a part-time Worship Leader for the student ministry. We would love to have you join our team - seriously... it's a ton of fun!
We are looking for a person to come alongside our ministry and lead our students in musical worship every Wednesday evening at our student service, Merge. Our desire is to have someone spend one (1) hour on Tuesday evenings for a service run-through with
our student musicians, and four (4) hours on Wednesday evenings preparing before and leading through our Merge service. This leader will grow, develop and recruit students to play alongside them to be leaders in musical worship. Our Merge service leans toward
a contemporary style, using a set with a full band and purposefully selecting theologically-sound songs for musical worship. We have a unique context of 6th through 12th graders. If interested, please contact Nick Feldman at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please
include a resume and, if possible, an audio or video sample of you leading.
- Be a Growing Disciple: Anyone working alongside us in the SecondStudents Ministry must be a growing believer and follower of Jesus Christ. Without exception, this is the biggest factor we seek for anyone working with our students. Anyone
taking the stage a Second is automatically taking on some level of leadership. These are people being looked up to as leaders through every facet of their example. This goes well beyond one’s example of musicianship.
- Be a Gifted/Growing Musician: Our musical Worship Leader must have a certain degree of talent in their respective field of play and/or voice. They must also be pursuing a greater aptitude of competency in their ability to play, sing, and
- Be Faithful: Our musical Worship Leader must be faithful to the commitments appointed to them for SecondStudents Merge services, as well as commitments they make to their team and to the ministry. Most importantly, as stated before, this
person must be faithful in their pursuit of Christ.
- Be Teachable: Our musical Worship Leader must be teachable. While they will be in the leadership role over the music ministry for SecondStudents, they must be willing to accept admonition and be challenged just the same as the rest of the
- Be a Servant: The entire ministry team exists to serve the Lord and serve others. Coming alongside us as the musical Worship Leader requires sacrificing time and personal wants.