Community Outreach Director
Montgomery Community Church is located in Montgomery, Ohio, a beautiful northeastern suburb of Cincinnati, with an average weekend attendance of approximately 1500. At Montgomery Community Church, there is a strong focus on mission: “Engaging people to
live and serve like Jesus”. The vision of MCC is to be "an authentic community where families are being transformed and equipped by the Holy Spirit to draw those we encounter into a relationship with Jesus Christ."
The church has a rich history of welcoming people of all ages and backgrounds and is situated on a 13-acre prime location campus. Roughly 35,000 cars pass by daily and approximately 50,000 people live within a 3-mile radius of the church.
There are 3 main buildings on the campus which include a newly-renovated 800-seat worship venue with a coffee bar and inviting fireplace room; a striking, newly constructed 23,000 square foot junior/senior high student center housing a regulation basketball
court, offices, meeting rooms, cafe, and a 250-seat worship area; and an administrative office building. The children’s ministry area, located in the main church building, has first-class decor with classrooms for various ages and a large group meeting space.
Weekdays, the children’s area is utilized by a 165-student preschool, which has been operated for many years by MCC.
Montgomery Community Church offers multiple ministry events and worship services and is seeking an experienced Community Outreach Director. This person will assertively lead individual members and the congregation of MCC into a lifestyle of representing
Jesus through seeking, serving and engaging with families within a 3-miles radius of the church. The goal is to develop and expand opportunities to fulfill the Great Commission in meaningful, tangible and evangelistic ways by ensuring the establishment and
operation of strategic local initiatives that reach families.
This position is responsible for recruiting, training, equipping, and coordinating a group of servant leaders to teach, facilitate, support, and lead each local initiative. The Community Outreach Director will be a spiritual, biblical, and organizational
leader responsible for MCCs outreach ministry.
In addition, this individual will:
- Determine and monitor the most significant needs of the local community to help guide the priorities of local outreach initiatives with an emphasis on reaching families
- Lead the development of a comprehensive strategy with Go Groups and all-church serve opportunities as the foundation
- Strategically plan relational service opportunities that have the greatest life-changing impact in the spirit of “When Helping Hurts”
- Encourage, teach, and inspire congregational involvement in outreach projects and missional living
- Effectively communicate the outreach ministry vision and mission opportunities to the church body including the effective use of impact stories
- Equip, disciple, coach, and supervise ministry lay leaders and volunteers so they may grow like Christ and effectively use their giftedness in God’s church
- Build ministry capacity through the recruitment and training of lay leaders and volunteers to ensure the effective implementation of ministry objectives, goals, and action plans
- Provide input and assist with the creation of operating and capital budgets which are fully integrated with the church’s mission, vision, and strategies
- Expand Go Groups strategy to facilitate 30% of MCCs congregation to routinely serve monthly
- Successfully implement 2-4 all-church service opportunities annually, specifically encouraging family participation
- Develop a sports ministry at MCC with at least 3 on-going programs which engage adults and children representing all socioeconomic backgrounds
- Develop 3-5 significant partnerships with like-minded ministries and leaders
Specific qualifications include, but are not limited to:
* Proven ability to lead the development and implementation of strategies to achieve MCCs vision to impact and reach families through service and evangelism
* Bachelor’s degree required or Master’s degree in education, ministry or related field preferred
* Passion and knowledge of evangelism skills and community development
* A minimum of 3 years’ experience in outreach ministries strongly preferred
- Team building, strong organization and self-initiative, follow-through, task orientation, ability to “see the big picture”, empowerment and leadership skills
- Proven ability to develop a strong network of ministries to accomplish outreach goals
- Ability to create a positive and intentional leadership culture
- Ability to work with a teachable heart, good attitude and unified spirit
A complete job description of this position is available at www.mcc.us/information/employment
If you feel called by God to lead the community outreach efforts of a dynamic church in a new setting, please send your resume to: