FAMILY MINISTRY PASTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
1. Position title: Family Ministry Pastor
2. Overseen by: Lead Pastor & Elders
3. Primary Ministry: Leading, training, teaching, and oversight of children’s and youth ministries
4. Purpose of position: To provide primary leadership to the overall children’s & youth ministry at FBCA with the primary goal of supporting Christian parents in the evangelism and discipleship of children from birth through grade twelve.
6. Approximate hours/week required by this position: 20-25 hours per week
7. Salary Range: $15,000 - $20,000/annually
8. Benefits of this position to First Baptist Church of Aurora: To provide support for Christian parents with children & teens and to plant the Gospel in teens & children from non-Christians homes.
Ongoing ministry responsibilities: Children
1. To reach out to children and their families in our local communities with the Gospel to grow the children’s ministry at FBCA. A special focus will be placed on reaching out to My First School Preschool families with a goal of building relationships and sharing
the Gospel with them.
2. To lead the monthly Club 306 ministry, focusing on providing discipleship to kids in grades 3-6.
3. To provide leadership to the children’s ministry of FBCA by working with and recruiting volunteer ministry directors for our Nursery, Junior Church, and Vacation Bible School/Sports Camp Ministries. A special focus will be placed on communicating opportunities
for discipleship of children by parents in conjunction with the children’s ministry, as well as ministry needs and volunteer opportunities.
4. To provide support to the Lead Pastor for our Upward Basketball and Flag Football outreach partnership between FBCA and Faith Baptist Church of Streetsboro.
5. To provide support to the Lead Pastor to provide training to parents so that they are able to primarily engage their children in discipleship.
6. To recruit, train, and deploy lay leaders in support of the children’s ministry.
Ongoing ministry responsibilities: Youth
1. To reach out to teenagers and their families in our local communities with the Gospel to build a youth ministry at FBCA in line with FBCA’s overall vision.
2. To communicate opportunities for discipleship of students by parents.
3. To provide training with the Lead Pastor to parents so that they are able to primarily engage their teenagers in discipleship.
4. To prayerfully consider engaging outside ministries and/or churches to supplement FBCA’s youth program.
5. To recruit, train, and deploy lay volunteers to support the youth ministry.
6. To provide a model to teenagers of a godly lifestyle.
General ministry responsibilities
1. To provide support to FBCA’s Sunday morning ministries.
2. To provide general administrative support to FBCA’s ministries, as needed.
3. To serve as an equal member of FBCA’s elder team (if ordained).
4. To meet regularly with the pastor to foster communication, relationship, and accountability.
5. To provide support for all-church events, with a focus on connecting children and teens to such events.
6. To develop and manage the annual budget for the youth and children’s ministries at FBCA.
For consideration, please mail, e-mail, or fax a cover letter and resume to: Pastor Drew Carroll, First Baptist Church of Aurora, 79 E. Mennonite Rd., Aurora, OH 44202. E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org - Fax: 330-562-8244