Student Ministry Pastor Job Description:
Clarkston Community Church is seeking a Full Time Student Ministry Pastor to assist the Senior Pastor in applying the Clarkston Community Church vision, mission and strategies to Student Ministry which includes 6th-12th grade students.
The Student Ministry Pastor must have a calling to Student Ministry, love students and have a passion to provide opportunities to equip them to be energized participants in God’s kingdom and the Church of Today.
Current Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Weekly Programs
- Plan and develop curriculum and activities for “Summit”- 1 night each for Middle School, Junior High, and High School
- Facilitate an after school program on “Summit” nights as an outreach for unchurched students.
- Develop and execute lessons in alignment with the Senior Pastors message on Sunday mornings for 6th – 8th graders (Hot Church).
- Recruit, hire and supervise staff for Student Ministry (Administrative Assistant, Worship Arts Director, Refuge employees and full-time Intern Directors).
- Work as a group and individually with the Student Ministry Advisory Team (SMAT).
- Coordinate fundraising activities for Student Ministry
- Coordinate and attend student trips that include (but not limited to) – Weekend Retreats, Leadership Summits, State Youth Convention, Creation Fest, Church on the Street, Honduras Mission Trip, Hiking Trip.
- Coordinate 2 youth Sundays for entire congregation per year.
The Student Ministry Pastor must have a clear calling to student ministry and:
- Have love and passion for students and Student Ministry, have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, and be gifted and equipped for Youth Ministry.
- Be theologically compatible with Clarkston Community Church.
- Be trained to perform ministerial duties as required such as weddings, sermons, funerals and baptisms.
- Preferably have achieved or be in process of achieving a Bachelor’s degree in Student Ministry or Biblical Studies or equivalent experience.
- Have experience with after school programs and/or other methods of attracting unchurched students to student ministry programs and events.
- Demonstrate effective teen level speaking and teaching abilities.
- Exemplify 1 Corinthians 13:4-7, Galatians 2:22-23, and 1Timothy 3:8-11 characteristics and have a true willingness to support the Senior Pastor’s vision for the church.
In addition, the Student Ministry Pastor should have at least five years of experience as a Student Ministry Director or Student Ministry Pastor, preferably within student ministry of 150+ teens, where he/she has demonstrated the ability to oversee multiple
and various staff and volunteers.
Our website – www.clarkstoncommunity.com
Qualified candidates may send a resume and cover letter: Clarkston Community Church, 6300 Clarkston Road, Clarkston MI 48346 Attn: Student Pastor Search team. Or to: email@example.com. Fax 248-625-1388.