The Student Ministries Leader (SML) is responsible for the overall direction and leadership of both High School and Middle school for Cornerstone at one of our campuses. The SML pastors, leads and equips a team of gifted volunteers as well as engages students to pursue Christ with wholehearted passion. Ministry leadership includes organizing and leading services and events, including weekend services, all in line with Cornerstone’s mission, vision and values.
- Connect regularly with the Campus pastor/Equipping lead to receive; Training, Affirmation, Feedback, Evaluation, Recognition, and Reflection.
- Oversee the equipping [ITAFERR] process for the Walnut Creek student community, aiding in the discovery and development of volunteer spiritual gifting and leadership abilities.
- Actively engage students and parents in the Equipping [ITAFERR] process.
- Host growth opportunities, both in spiritual and leadership development as well as in specific youth ministry skill development for the SM community.
- Lead the SM community with clear vision – to make disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Communicate strategy and details of services, life groups and events concisely, always looking for opportunities to cast larger vision and receive feedback from staff, team members, parents and students.
- Passionately communicate and teach God’s word– both from stage and 1:1 with team members and students.
- Regularly communicate with SML’s from other campuses.
- Pastor the SM community’s volunteers, students and parents with Christ-like love, grace and encouragement.
- Encourage healthy team dynamics within the SM community.
- Offer team building opportunities throughout the year – have fun together!
- Oversee SM budget and other organizational processes (Central, HR, and Finance).
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Understanding of pastoral care for students and adults with a sound theology to support ministry leadership and foundational discipleship training.
- Demonstrate an active and growing relationship with Christ.
- Effective and experienced at creating dynamic environments relatable to young people.
- Proven organizational, administrative skill and experience.
- Demonstrates a gift of team building and is passionate about discipleship oriented Bible teaching.
- Excellent communication skills – Verbal (working with students and adults, public speaking, and 1:1) as well as written.
To Apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please visit our website at www.cornerstoneweb.org to learn more about our congregation.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Student PastorChurchology Staffing
- Lake Worth , Florida
- January 17
Student PastorFirst Baptist Church Bloomfield
- Bloomfield, New Mexico
- January 12
Freedom Life Church - Pastor of Youth & Young AdultsVanderbloemen Search Group
- Hampton, Virginia
- January 9
Pastor of Youth and Young AdultsGeneration Church
- Mesa, Arizona
- January 9
Minister of Contemporary Worship & Young AdultsFirst Baptist, Wilmington
- Wilmington, North Carolina
- January 4
Cornerstone Fellowship started with a handful of people meeting in a living room in 1992 to study the Bible and live life together. Over the past 20+ years, Cornerstone has grown into a church with multiple campuses and ministries, but we're still just a group of people who want to learn how to live like Jesus. More...