The Brentwood Campus Worship Leader (WL) is responsible for cultivating a Christ-centered worship culture throughout the church community. The WL pastors, leads and equips a team of volunteer musicians as well as engages the congregation in impactful, spirit-filled
times of musical worship throughout various services and events, including weekend services, all in line with Cornerstone’s mission, vision and values.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Connect regularly with the Campus pastor/Equipping lead and Central Worship Leader; Training, Affirmation, Feedback, Evaluation, Recognition, and Reflection.
- Oversee the equipping [ITAFERR] process for the Brentwood worship community, aiding in the discovery and development of volunteer spiritual gifting and leadership abilities.
- Work with the Admin. Lead & Admin. Volunteer to oversee the Central Equipping [ITAFERR] process.
- Arrange for/facilitate growth opportunities, both in leadership development and in musical skill development, for whole of volunteer base.
- Continue to cast and champion the Worship Community’s vision – to honor God and lead others in a deeper engagement with Him
- Effectively and clearly communicate both weekend-specific plans and larger vision to volunteer musician base
- Regularly communicate and demonstrate what worship is, how we lead/facilitate it, and its value within the church as a whole – both from stage, and 1:1
- Regularly communicate with the Central Worship Leader and WL’s from other campuses.
- Pastor/shepherd the worship team
- Create healthy team dynamics within worship team
- Create team building opportunities within worship community
JOB SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Possess an active and growing relationship with Christ
- Ability to shepherd and lead creatives
- Effective and experienced at conceiving/facilitating creative & engaging times of worship
- Organizational leadership gifting and experience
- Effective and experienced at equipping ministry leaders
- Musical skill that goes beyond baseline vocal/instrumental excellence –
- Demonstrated ability to creatively foster a sense of worship through music
- Grace-oriented approach to ministry and life
- Sense of humor
- Ability to discern appropriate level of musical skill necessary for band members
- Communication skills – Verbal (working with band, public speaking, and 1:1) as well as written
- Model humility and hard work
- Moral, ethical lifestyle. Above reproach
- Bachelors level musical education or equivalent
- The Brentwood Campus Worship Leader will also assist in the social media effort for the campus.
- Contribute to the global creative communications effort of Cornerstone.
- Assist in set up and tear down on Sunday mornings.
To Apply: Please email your resume,cover letter and a video of where you are leading worship to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please visit our website at www.cornerstoneweb.org to learn more about our congregation.