Position Description: Part-Time Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries
First Presbyterian Church of Strasburg
Pastor / Christian Education Committee
The Part-Time Director of Youth and Young Adult Ministries will minister to the youth in our church and community, grades 6-12, by planning youth ministry programs and activities designed to meet the spiritual, social, and emotional needs of the youth, leading
them to spiritual commitments and disciplines. In addition, meetings will be planned and coordinated throughout the year to meet the spiritual, social, and emotional needs of the young adults in our church.
Minimum high school diploma; college preferred, emphasis on youth ministry; or equivalent experience.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Be a committed disciple of Christ with a heart for the youth.
2. Establish meaningful personal relationships with the youth in the congregation and community by investing in their lives (attendance at school, sporting, and community events).
3. Be available or arrange for someone to be available at church weekdays between 3:30 and 5:30 to meet with neighborhood youth.
4. Communicate with the congregation and the youth about the youth program and activities (church newsletter, bulletin, Sunday morning worship service announcements, the Ignited Student Ministry board, and Mailchimp).
5. Provide a monthly activities calendar for the youth and their parents.
6. Attend monthly Christian Education Committee meetings and formally report Youth Program happenings.
7. Participate in Sunday worship services and Sunday school. Assist Sunday School Coordinator.
8. Coordinate young adult activities throughout the year.
9. Plan and implement curriculum and facilitate monthly Spark Groups (Youth Small Groups) as well as equip leaders to lead their own small group.
10. Plan occasional projects, activities and/or special events throughout the year such as, but not limited to: Great Adventure, Ecumenical Winter Sr. High Retreat, Youth Sunday, Souper Bowl Sunday, Family Christmas Party, Advent activities, Annual Lock-in,
and volunteer service trips to Water Street Mission.
11. Select and mentor additional youth leaders as needed.
12. Perform other duties as assigned by the Pastor and Christian Education Committee.
Approx. 25 hours weekly
To Apply: Please send letter of application and resumé to: