Lake Shore Baptist Church
4613 Mountain Road, Pasadena, MD 21122
Position Opening Announcement for:
Service Title: Senior Pastor
Ministry Purpose: To proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ, to teach the biblical revelation, to engage in pastoral care, provide administrative leadership in all areas of church life and function, supervise paid church staff and conduct the ordinances and
function of worship.
Serving Relationships: The Pastor serves under the guidance of the Holy Spirit and the Church Body. He directly receives counsel from the Deacons who serve the congregation.
• Plan and conduct worship services, developing sermons, planning with music leadership and leads in the observance of ordinances.
• Leads the congregation in effective programs to fulfill the Great Commission with vision, purpose and priority.
• Leads and demonstrates effective ways to witness and win the lost to salvation through Jesus Christ.
• Through the coordination of visitation team, visits and ministers to members and prospective members in homes, nursing care facilities and hospitals.
• Performs wedding ceremonies and conducts funeral services.
• Works with Church Trustees, Deacons and other key leadership to carry out the mission and purpose of the church.
• Cooperates with associational, state and denominational leaders in matters of mutual interest and concern.
• Serves as Overseer/Administrator of paid church staff supervising and evaluating the tasks assigned to each.
• Serves to recommend and advise committees and teams as an ex-officio member.
• Oversees, along with Deacons, all church discipline matters and the management of conflict issues in the church.
• Communicates with the congregation through articles or announcements, written and spoken using church newsletter, bulletins and worship services.
• Adheres to the Church Bylaws and Policies and Procedures adopted by the church.
• Maintains a vital and wholesome personal relationship with the Lord through Bible study and prayer.
• Maintains proper priorities at home with his wife and children.
• Promotes continuing education for himself and staff.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume via email to email@example.com or by direct mail to Lake Shore Baptist Church 4613 Mountain Road, Pasadena, MD 21122 Attn: Pastor Search Committee.
All applications will be held confidential until applicant has been contacted for further information and references.
For information concerning our church please visit our website at www.lakeshorebaptist.org
Closing date: July 17, 2016