Information also at www.actonumc.org/jobs
Church Mission: Through the guidance of the Holy Spirit: we seek to glorify God, lead others to Christ, nurture disciples, and serve others in Christ’s name.
Brief Description of the Job:
The Student Ministries director is a full-time position (approximately 40 hours per week) working with students in grades 6-12 as well as coordinating activities with volunteers and communicating with parents, church members, and people outside the church.
- Coordinate weekly student Wednesday night programming. Activities include weekly worship, dinner, and small groups as well as monthly rotations of mission projects, art projects, and group games. This includes making arrangements for meals as needed for Wednesday night student activities.
- Teach weekly Sunday school to students in grades 6-12.
- Plan and execute an annual student mission trip for students in grades 6-12.
- Attend student activities in the community, including but not limited to: student sports, band competitions, drama presentations, UIL events, and middle/high school lunches.
- Plan various offsite retreats including but not limited to: summer retreat, one-day event outings, mission trip, overnight trips, confirmation retreat, lock-ins, etc.
- Teach and coordinate an annual confirmation curriculum that ranges from 12-16 weeks.
- Help plan and coordinate annually Discovery weekend (student led spiritual weekend retreat).
- Help coordinate student band and choir rehearsals and choir trip(s) with the Director of Music Ministries.
- Lead and/or facilitate both boys and girls student aged small groups.
- Coordinate student mentor program with adult and student mentor leaders.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Senior Pastor or assigned associate pastor.
Coordinate with the Director of Music Ministries for the order of student worship and music for worship. Enlist student volunteers to help with youth programs who share the vision of the student ministries program. Supervise any student assistant or student intern who is assigned to student ministries.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to develop and write curriculum for middle school and high school students.
- Ability to work with the school district and other outside organizations to effectively reach and grow relationships with students.
- Ability to handle a line item budget for various youth activities and programs.
- Must be approachable and personable to recruit kids and parents to the youth and other church ministries.
- Ability to work with students, parents, and volunteers mentoring and setting examples of appropriate student, parent, and ministry relationships.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities as needed.
- Above average communication and people interaction skills with a passion for working with youth.
- Ability to manage a variety of personality types assuring teamwork and service within the student ministries programs and the church.
- Ability and commitment to work a variety of hours and days in order to reach people including some night and weekend hours.
- Outstanding communication skills and an approachable personality a must.
- Demonstrated organizational and planning skills for the purposes of communication and outreach.
- Ability to be flexible to accommodate student ministry needs as they develop including outside activities and pastoral care.
- Basic computer skills in order to communicate with staff, students, parents, prepare program materials, flyers, etc.
- Familiarity with ways that students communicate such as: digital newsletters, Facebook, Instagram, texting, email, twitter, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Experience working with students is required (preferably in a church setting).
Church Demographics: Three worship services averaging overall attendance of 600-700. Sunday services are 8:15 a.m. (traditional), 9:45 a.m. (contemporary), and 11:00 a.m. (blended family service).
Certificates and Licenses Required:
Valid Class “C” Texas Drivers’ License with a good driving record.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth PastorVictory Temple Assembly of God
- Jasper, Indiana
- October 22
Youth PastorGrace Point Church
- Newtown, Pennsylvania
- October 20
Youth/ music PastorScappoose Foursquqre
- Scappoose, Oregon
- October 20
Student PastorChristian Faith Center
- Nampa, Idaho
- October 20
Associate Student PastorFBC Midlothian
- Midlothian, Texas
- October 20
Acton United Methodist
The vision for Acton United Methodist Church is to make disciples of Jesus Christ for the transformation of the world. Our mission statement reminds us that everything we do comes back to this one central premise: Through the guidance of the Holy Spirit: we seek to glorify God, lead others to Christ, nurture disciples, and serve others in Christ’s name. Everything we do, then is structured to meet those four core purposes of glorify, lead, nurture, and serve. More...