CrossPoint Community Church
1301 12th Street
Modesto, CA 95354
Prepared Date: June 2016
Position Title: Pastor of Discipleship Communities
Directly Reports To: Lead Pastor
CrossPoint Community Church is all about Jesus and our transformation to become more like Him. Our calling is to equip and empower our church to Worship like Jesus, Live like Jesus, and to Rescue like Jesus. We are an intergenerational, passionate group of Christ followers who are committed to making much of God in our lives and community.
The Pastor of Discipleship Communities leads the group discipleship environment ministry area of our mission. We refer to this area as Live Like Jesus and it includes all of our adult growth groups, mid-size and small. This position is defined by leading and equipping leaders – both lay and paid. The focus of this position is shepherding leaders through relationship, which requires the ability to teach while staying teachable. At CrossPoint, we take seriously the character, competency, and chemistry of our staff and the Pastor of Discipleship Communities must continually demonstrate and be growing in these areas of life.
- Leading and oversight of the pastors and directors within the Live like Jesus department.
- Leading, equipping, and empowering our lay leaders over discipleship environments.
- Peer Communities, Home Groups, Ministry to Men
- Leading, equipping, and empowering our Sunday morning guest services leaders.
- Member of the Mission Team which keeps ministry and programming aligned with the mission of the church.
- Attend and participate in Shepherding Team, All Staff, and other church meetings, as requested.
- We want you to love Jesus more than you love ministry. Our heart is that this would be personally played out in your life through the study of the Word, prayer, and worship. We are committed to shepherding you in this.
- The foundation of who you are is biblical humility; that your character is greater than your gifting and your humility is greater than your influence.
- In your decision making process, you seek input from others even if you think you know the right outcome and ultimately decide based on your convictions rooted in God’s Word rather than your concerns about how it may affect you.
- Active Owner (formerly referred to as Membership) at CrossPoint Community Church (worship services, tithe,etc.).
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively one-on-one and to mid-sized groups.
- Possess a sense of personal security: that you are satisfied and comfortable in whom you are presently and actively pursuing who God is transforming you to be.
- Lead and shepherd spouse and children as God has described in his Word.
- Good testimony in the community.
- In heart and deed, affirm CrossPoint Community Church's statement of faith.
- Committed to the direction (mission, values, and beliefs) of CrossPoint Community Church as discerned by the lead pastor, Leadership Team, and Shepherding Team.
- Committed to Jesus and continuous life transformation.
- Proven experience and ability in leading and shepherding current and future high capacity occupational leaders.
- Proven developer of people’s ministry skills and personal character.
- Able to create environments where staff are valued and productive.
- Experience in leading leaders of group discipleship environments to health and growth within a large church.
- Experience with and passion for developing Biblical community
- Preferred Master’s level biblical degree.
- We commit to coming alongside God in the process that he has begun in you and will be faithful to complete it.
- We commit to making and keeping the environment and culture at CrossPoint, a place that you will thrive in and want to be a part of.
- We commit to loving and honest evaluation for the sake of the church and your personal growth
- We commit to provide humble leadership for you in ministry as you serve Jesus in His church.
Our prayer as the leadership at CrossPoint:
“Father, always grant us character that is greater than our gifts and humility that is greater than our influence.”
Please submit resumes to directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes posted to Churchstaffing.com website will not be reviewed. Thank you.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Discipleship Ministries PastorBethel Church
- Fargo, North Dakota
- October 20
Music/Media PastorBroadview Baptist Church
- Abilene, Texas
- October 19
Discipleship PastorBethel Church
- Owatonna, Minnesota
- October 19
Wear Love PastorEastLake Tri-Cities Community Church
- Richland, Washington
- October 17
Family PastorCrossroads Bible Church
- Bellevue, Washington
- October 6