Please send Resumes to email@example.com
The primary function of the Audio Director is to assist the Director of the Media Ministry. As Audio Director, the candidate is responsible for all audio quality control aspects to ensure the church is given total support for all audio needs; responsible
for casting vision in creative ways to integrate and implement audio and media-church wide; and improving and enhancing worship and ministry effectiveness. This person also needs to be an original thinker who feels called to an audio career/ministry, has exceptional
character and works well with a variety of people and personalities. The ideal candidate must possess the required competencies listed below.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the audio needs of day-to-day activities of all church events;
- Implement and maintain inventory of all audio equipment
- Build and lead a team of audio volunteers, providing specific training on professional equipment on an ongoing basis, monitoring volunteer workload and protecting them from burnout
- Schedule personnel for all services and events to ensure all venues are supported with qualified volunteers and/or contractors
- Lead and develop volunteer teams in executing live audio for weekend services and special events; in mixing, editing and recording various types media (training, interviews, worship, DVDs, etc.), using professional and creative audio skills.
- Train audio technicians (how to operate mixer, set up mics, eq. how to correctly have a sound check, etc)
- Assist with the purchase, upgrade and maintenance of audio equipment ministry-wide
- Set-up and operation of all audio equipment
- Work with IT to ensure the highest quality audio content for web broadcast;
- Schedule and attend team meetings with other ministry leaders
- Transfer and upload audio files to modern technological platforms
- Accountable for audio production events/services; including staff, volunteers and contractors
- Ensure weekly audio announcements and radio announcements are of the highest quality.
- Manages financial aspects of the Audio Department, working with the Director of Media Ministry and Church Administrator(s); dealing with the business, approvals, planning and forecasting;
- Provide audio technical support for all events, activities and worship services;
- Assist with management and stewardship on Technical budget;
- Build and maintain positive and effective relationships with tech team, pastoral staff, church leadership and ministry directors
- Create a monthly service schedule.
- Create audio department policy and procedures (Who can use equipment, borrowed, etc)
- Safely secure all mobile equipment.
- Conduct a sound check prior to each service before service begins.
- Keep stage neat and clean at all times – before and after services - Organize mic stands and monitors, all mic and monitor cables, placing monitors back into position.
- Responsible for facility audio/visual services, contacting Ministry leaders and other organizations that will be utilizing our facilities to ensure that all audio/visual media needs are met
- Setting up all audio/visual media equipment for all scheduled activities
- Attending Rehearsals as needed for audio delivery
- Other related duties as assigned by church leadership
- Strong and proficient in all aspects of live sound reinforcement; 3 - 5 yrs experience preferred;
- Excellent customer service skills , Project management skills helpful;
- The ability to operate various platforms of large analog and digital consoles;
- Mac OSX, Windows, Pro-Tools, MS Office and computer skills helpful
- Ability to troubleshoot audio system
- Excellent organizational skills; written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Some basic knowledge of audio as it pertains to video as in a/v applications and functions;
- Ability to multitask and manage projects; delegating tasks to others and meeting deadlines
- Commitment to Excellence
- Must demonstrate a personal walk and relationship with Christ
- Understands difference between worship and performance
- Strong teaching/training skills with the ability to communicate technical terms into non-technical language
- Ability to lead, motivate and inspire volunteers
- Willing and able to adjust work schedule based on church activities and special events, including weekends and holidays
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required stand for extended periods of time. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.