ABUNDANT DAY CARE CENTER
POSITION: PRESCHOOL TEACHER
HOURS: Full-Time (40 Hours Per Week)
Under the supervision of the Preschool Director. Instruct children in activities to promote social, physical, and intellectual child development. Assist in planning, supervising, coordinating and implementing the daily activities
of the preschool program.
- Develop and implement weekly faith-based lesson plans.
- Develop objectives and long/short range activities for preschool program.
- Plan and implement the daily program for children.
- Supervise children, help with meals, safety in maintaining a clean and orderly room.
- Effectively communicate appropriate developmental language to young children.
- Teach children to think creatively, problem solve independently, teach respect to others and self.
- Work to prevent injuries/accidents and react appropriately if they occur.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding children and their families.
- Conduct parent conferences advising parents of growth/development of child.
- Conduct daily health checks on each child as they sign in for the day.
- Oversee supervision of all indoor and outdoor activities.
- Monitor the assistant teacher and parent volunteers during indoor and outdoor activities.
- Maintain open communication with staff and parents.
- Report suspected abuse to supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as requested by Director or other administrator on site.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Knowledgeable in creative curriculum development. (Early Childhood Educational Rating Scale (ECERS) and Desired Result Developmental Profile (DRDP) curriculum.)
- Must have Early Childhood Educational Core classes.
- Current Pediatric First Aid and CPR, Health and Safety Certification (EMSA) – Emergency Medical Services Authority – approved in California, and current TB test.
- Able to successfully complete background investigation and drug screen.
- Mentally reacts appropriately and immediately in unexpected circumstances.
- Required to stand up to 95% of the workday.
- Person performing service in this position will exert 10-50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects.
- High School Diploma.
Qualified candidates must meet ONE of the following requirements:
- Child Development Assistant Permit issued by California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- Associate’s degree from an accredited or approved college or university with major emphasis in Early Childhood Education and 3 years of teaching experience in a licensed preschool center.
SELECTION PROCESS: Candidates meeting the minimum requirements will have their qualifications screened and those candidates deemed most qualified will be invited to continue in the application process.
Interested applicants must submit an application, resume, requirements and two letters of recommendations to Candice Jack by no later than Thursday, June 30, 2016. (firstname.lastname@example.org 909-204-4514)
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Children's Ministry Program CoordinatorRoswell United Methodist Church
- Roswell, Georgia
- September 14
School of Ministry DirectorFirst Church of the Open Bible
- Des Moines, Iowa
- September 13
Early Childhood LeaderChrist Church
- Fairfax Station, Virginia
- September 12
Teaching Pastor (#12135)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Northeast, New York
- September 6
Youth Pastor - Texas (12116)The Shepherd's Staff
- South USA, Texas
- September 6