About Riverside House
Riverside House exists to guide men and women convicted of crime into becoming productive citizens through a nondenominational, faith-based approach. Our vision is that all individuals will lead positive and productive lives when given the opportunity to succeed. Regardless of gender of culture, Riverside House seeks to change the lives of at–risk individuals through community and residential programs that emphasize personal accountability, family relationships, and spiritual growth. Our programs have had a 95% success rate in our over 40 years of hard work. Investments in faith and community-based programs like Riverside House will reduce recidivism, increase public safety, and reduce the incarceration rate.
Development Director Description
Riverside Christian Ministries (Riverside House) in Miami, Florida is seeking a senior-level Development Director. The Development Director will lead Riverside House’s development team in the creation and management of a diverse fund development program to significantly increase sustainable revenue for operations, capital improvements, and endowment.
The Development Director will direct all aspects of the online and offline fundraising program. This includes managing sponsorships, direct marketing, annual, major and planned gifts, special events, communications, and grant writing to obtain individual, foundation, and corporate support.
This is a full-time position. The Development Director will report directly to the President/CEO.
- Annually, create and manage a detailed, comprehensive, multi-channel fund development plan to include a variety of fundraising methods that will meet or exceed the current annual fundraising goal of $250,000, while growing the goals/resources to meet organizational needs. This includes realistic identification of resources and the expenses.
- Manage and continuously improve fund development and donor stewardship systems, including recognition, acknowledgements, record keeping, budgeting, and reporting.
- Create an annual calendar that integrates fundraising with communications and other activities for analysis and planning.
- Set and achieve realistic goals for major and planned gifts, special events, foundation and corporate support, and other appropriate philanthropic revenue.
- Work closely with corporations to build long-term, authentic partnerships.
- Design and evaluate each aspect of the fundraising program for effectiveness of methods and program growth.
- Provide leadership and support to the President/CEO by utilizing him in fundraising events and relations, and enabling involvement and engagement of staff and volunteers to facilitate and achieve fundraising success.
- Identify, cultivate, build relationships with and steward prospects and donors with the ability to make five, six and seven figure major gifts.
- Serve as a primary solicitor for all appropriate fundraising solicitations, as well as provide coaching and support for others where they are in a better position to make the primary “ask.”
- Staff and support volunteer fund development committees and projects
- Develop, inspire, and supervise development department staff as appropriate.
- Assure that the database management system (current or future) properly and effectively supports fundraising activities.
- Address and ensure fulfillment of 501(c)(3) requirements and local requirements/registrations.
- Become knowledgeable about issues that relate to and impact the mission and vision of Riverside House.
- Serve as an effective speaker/presenter for the organization as appropriate.
- Maintain a working knowledge of proven practices, significant developments and trends in philanthropy, nationally and in the Southeast Florida region, adapting fundraising strategies as appropriate.
- Professionally utilize the President/CEO in fundraising events and relations.
- Undertake other projects and duties as assigned by the President/CEO.
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum) and specialized training or experience in fundraising practices
- Progressively responsible fund development experience as evidenced by a portfolio of samples and documentation of accomplishments
- Proven track record of personally closing major and planned gifts, and stewarding donors successfully
- Work experience within both nonprofits and a corporate structure strongly preferred
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certificate or equivalent strongly preferred
- Knowledge of proven practices for online, offline and multi-channel fundraising.
- Superior problem-solving, analytical and planning abilities
- Outgoing, prospect-friendly with excellent relationship-building and networking skills
- Knowledge of how to maintain a productive and mutually-beneficial relationship with business partnerships
- Excellent follow-up skills and understanding of reporting back to donors and partners
- Business acumen and fiscal knowledge
- Culturally sensitive
- Operates with honesty and integrity with all interactions
- Proficient with databases
- Strong writing skills resulting in persuasive, compelling, donor-centered and grammatically correct communications
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen, empathize and influence
- Well-organized, with the ability to manage competing priorities, execute plans and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to succeed under pressure
- Has a valid driver’s license, ability to travel by car or air as needed
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position will require local and perhaps some non-local travel.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, talk, hear, drive, use a computer and be present where alcohol may be served.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Church AccountantAdvent United Methodist Church
- Simpsonville, South Carolina
- January 15
- Rockaway, New Jersey
- January 12
Executive Director - Impact ChurchPrivate Profile
- East Point, Georgia
- January 11
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- January 11
Business DirectorNew Life Fellowship
- Arlington, Texas
- January 9
Background: Founded in 1972, Riverside House is a non-profit, faith-based organization committed to guiding offenders into becoming productive citizens. Our dedicated, caring, and compassionate team members provide counseling, life skills training, and vocational and spiritual development services to men and women who have chosen crime and fallen prey to it. We assist individuals in breaking free from the cycles of self-abuse, and return them to their families and society to live positive, productive lives. Our Facility: Since its inception, More...