ABUNDANT DAY CARE CENTER
POSITION: ASSISTANT TEACHER
The assistant teacher will help to nurture and care for children who have not yet entered formal schooling;
plays a significant role in assisting with the basic needs of children; helps to organize activities, helps with supervision, and assists the teacher with indoor/outdoor activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work directly under the supervision of a qualified teacher.
- Assist teachers in classrooms; recognize and consider the individual needs of each child.
- Effectively communicate appropriate developmental language to young children.
- Help with meal/snack preparation, feeding children, and modeling table manners.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding children and their families.
- Report problems, injuries and hazards promptly to the teacher, director, assistant director or administrator.
- Assist in setting up learning centers and activities at the direction of the teacher.
- Oversees the preparation and clean up for snacks and lunch.
- Follow all program policies and procedures.
- Organize, store, and sanitize toys and play equipment.
- Observe and monitor children’s play activities.
- Ability to follow instruction and complete assigned tasks.
- Assist children in going to the bathroom and during nap time.
- Assist with supervision of children.
- Report suspected abuse to supervisor.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
An assistant teacher assists a fully qualified teacher in the supervision of preschool children and shall meet the following requirements:
- Must be 18 years of age (if not 18, must be in participating occupational program conducted by an accredited high school or college).
- Completion of twelve (12) units in early childhood education.
- Able to successfully complete background investigation and drug screen.
- Current Pediatric First Aid and CPR, Health and Safety Certification (EMSA) – Emergency Medical Services Authority – approved in California, and current TB test.
- Mentally reacts appropriately and immediately in unexpected circumstances.
- Required to stand up to 95% of the workday.
- Person performing service in this position will exert 10-50 pounds of force frequently to lift, carry, push, and pull or otherwise move objects.
SELECTION PROCESS: Candidates meeting the minimum requirements will have their qualifications screened and those candidates deemed most qualified will be invited to continue in the application process.
Interested applicants must submit an application, resume, requirements and two letters of recommendations to Candice Jack by no later than
Thursday, June 30, 2016. (firstname.lastname@example.org 909-204-4514)