First Baptist Church of Belle Glade
Director of Recreations and Outreach
The Director of Recreation and Outreach at First Baptist Church of Belle Glade (FBCBG) is someone with a deep love for Jesus Christ and His people; someone with a passion for children and their families; someone who is able to thrive in a team environment;
and someone who is able to envision a total recreation and outreach ministry for both our church and community. Our goal is to develop a balanced recreation and outreach ministry offering fun activities with an emphasis on growing our children, their families
and our community in their relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Facilitate the congregation’s participation in the recreational and outreach ministries of First Baptist Church.
- Recruit and train all necessary volunteer leadership to give our children and families the best possible Biblical training toward developing Christ-like character.
- Plan and conduct special events) and activities (Vacation Bible School, Harvest Blowout, Easter Outreach, etc.), and fellowships for the church family.
- Direct the planning, coordination and evaluation of a total recreation and fitness ministry for members of our church, as well as our community. (ex. Upward Sports; adult, youth, and children’s team sports leagues; tournaments; seminars; etc.)
- Supervise and train all paid and volunteer staff of the Recreation Ministry.
- Oversee, manage and schedule employees for the Fitness Center of First Baptist Church.
- Oversee and schedule all Fitness Center Activities with the church calendar.
- Develop an annual ministry plan and budget for recreation ministries.
- Organize and maintain a resource system for our recreation ministry.
- Participate in all scheduled staff meetings and staff development events.
- Willing to serve as needed in other areas of ministry at FBCBG.
This position require the ability to work in coordination with children’s ministry volunteers to help enhance the children’s ministry program at FBCBG. This will mean some secondary responsibilities in our children’s ministry, which will include but not
be limited to, helping to lead teaching elements on some Sunday mornings as well as Wednesday nights.
We realize that you have other core areas of strength. The following responsibilities reflect areas of ministry that need to be fulfilled by FBCBG’s Ministry Team, but can be tailored to fit your strengths: Discipleship; Administration; Senior Adults; Missions/Evangelism;
Teachable, responsive, and respectful of authority.
An extremely creative, high capacity leader that is assertive and organized.
Able to creatively and effectively teach and communicate God’s Word to children as well as adults.
Have a love and understanding of sports, fitness, and recreation ministries.
Able to create and sustain a strong volunteer culture.
Able to mentor others with wisdom and grace.
A mature, growing believer with a clear understanding of the Gospel, along with the ability to clearly communicate it.
Committed to spiritual integrity and ministerial excellence.
In agreement with Belle Glade’s FBC doctrine, mission, and values (available upon request).
This is a full-time position (40+ hours a week) with a benefits package including a parsonage and medical insurance. We offer a competitive salary, which is established by qualifications and experience.
Reports to: Senior Pastor
In order to be considered for this position please send a Cover letter, resume and current photo to firstname.lastname@example.org, if we feel God leading us to reach out to you we will be in touch.
*No phone calls please