Family and Youth Outreach Minister
Olivet Presbyterian Church is a small, diverse, urban community church with a rich history located in the heart of Staten Island, NY. We are looking for an individual with a passion for youth and a heart for the community. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and fresh ideas for how to love and serve our community, youth and families.
The role of the Family and Youth Outreach Minister is to foster a strong connection between the church and local community and to develop a vibrant youth and family ministry within the church.
- Family Outreach: In accountability to the Senior Pastor, this person shall create, develop and implement programs to promote the church within the local community with the goal of encouraging them to become active members of the church. Responsibilities include:
- Developing goals, objectives and budget for community outreach in line with the strategic plan.
- Identify community needs and establish church-based programs to meet those needs with the intent to enrich the lives of those in our community.
- Recruit, train and work with volunteers in the implementation of church outreach programs.
- Youth Ministry: In coordination with church leadership, this person will work to promote and strengthen Christian principles and values leading to life transformation in youth and students ministries. Responsibilities include:
- Developing goals, objectives and budget for student ministries in line with the strategic plan.
- Assessing ministry needs and developing programs and activities to meet those needs.
- Providing teaching in youth and student ministries and when asked, in the congregational meetings.
- Serving as a motivating, inspiring and engaging teacher to our students on a regular/weekly basis as part of a larger plan for the spiritual development of our students.
- Overseeing volunteer recruitment, training and development.
- Providing leadership for current programs such as Sunday School, Vacation Bible School, and Youth Ministries.
Education and Experience
- This position requires a bachelor’s degree in theology or a related field and/or equivalent training and experience.
- Strong emphasis will be placed on practical ministry skills and proven success.
- Excellence and proficiency in the following skills:
- Teaching and verbal communication
- Written communication
- Leadership and people management skills
- We encourage spiritual and professional growth in focused areas of ministry as a vital member of our church leadership team.
- Church staff must embrace the essential tenets of the Reformed Tradition and believe the message of our church and be able to share it with the community.
- This position answers to the Senior Pastor. The personnel team of the church will conduct an annual performance review in coordination with the Senior Pastor and make recommendation for compensation.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Youth Pastor/DirectorChrist Community Fellowship
- Walla Walla, Washington
- January 15
Director of Family Life CenterReynoldsburg United Methodist Church
- Reynoldsburg, Ohio
- January 12
Campus Pastor (171703)Private Profile
- Northeast US, Pennsylvania
- January 11
Director of Community LifeCrossPoint Church
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- January 10
Church Planter in Central NebraskaInFaith
- central, Nebraska
- January 3