LBC is seeking a man who passionately loves, serves, and obeys Jesus to lead our Children's Ministry to new heights. Out of the overflow of his own personal relationship with Jesus, we are seeking one to teach, disciple, and train our children to love and
follow Jesus, in addition to coordinating and training a team of adults to assist in the mission.
The Children's Pastor will:
• Partner with parents in their primary role as disciplers through ongoing discipleship and support.
• Oversee all ministry to children from birth – 6th grade for all regular services and special events.
• Implement and lead a dynamic Children’s Church ministry that allows for Children’s worship and teaching.
• Oversee Children’s Leadership Team.
• In cooperation with the Senior Pastor, Associate Pastor of Student Ministries, the AWANA Commander, and Children’s Leadership Team, develop and implement a comprehensive, biblically-based spiritual growth plan for children and youth.
• Recruit and develop a rotation of teachers, substitutes, and teen volunteers.
• Ensure a safe and healthy invironment in which children can flourish.
• Provide visitation as needed.
• Oversee seasonal events (i.e. Carnival, Harvest Party, Children’s Christmas Program, Children’s participation in Palm Sunday services, and assist with the planning of Kicks for Christ).
• Develop an outreach strategy to minister to the lost.