Faith Family Church & Victoria, Texas
Faith Family Church began as a home Bible study group in 1979. In 1980 the Bible study grew to a church and moved into a building at Victoria Regional Airport. Faith Family continued to grow and Pastors Jim and Tamara Graff were called to pastor the 80 families that made up the church. Faith Family began construction of their current auditorium in 1997, which, when finished, became the largest auditorium in Victoria, TX. In 1998 the congregation moved into the new building, which allowed room for believers and visitors to find their place in the community of God.
Faith Family Church continues to grow and make their distinct mark in Victoria, TX.
To learn more about Faith Family Church, watch this short video: http://myffc.com/about-us
Victoria, Texas, known as the South Texas Crossroads, is one of the oldest cities in Texas. Highway 77, 87 and 59 (the future I-69) all intersect in Victoria. With a population of nearing 90,000 and a retail trade area of over 250,000, Victoria is a cultural, historic and economic hub for the surrounding seven counties.
Today, through ranching, oil, several chemical plants, 3 advanced hospitals and other commerce, a warm year round climate, fertile soil and an abundance of natural resources and water, Victoria continues to grow at a remarkable rate.
Victoria has many attractions and points of interest for a city of its size, but these don't just end with Victoria but also include the surrounding counties such as historic Goliad, the coastal county of Calhoun, the old homes and spring wild flowers of Dewitt county, the huge leather industry in Lavaca and the outdoor activities on the lake in Jackson county. It is within 2 hours of Houston, Austin and SanAntonio for big city entertainment and events. As well as Rockport and Port Aransas to enjoy the bay, beautiful beaches and great water fishing and sporting activities and get-aways.
BOADCAST DIRECTOR/ POST EDITING
The Broadcast Director is responsible for “calling” the broadcast during our worship services. The Director will supervise the volunteers and Medea Team during the service, placement of cameras (camera blocking), lighting, props, graphics and overall pace and feel of the worship service or event taking place. The Director will maintain order within the control room, camera positions and elsewhere. While the Director is responsible for calling shots and production elements in the live environment, he will work closely with the Creative & Technical Director to deliver a broadcast equal or better than FFC standards.
This position will also require post editing of the live broadcast for our television show. The ideal candidate will have an eye for live directing while also thinking about shots that will be useful for the post edit television show.
- Direct all main services on Sunday morning and Wednesday nights including
special events that may fall on other days.
- Develop and lead volunteer team of roles specific to a live video team
(i.e. switcher, graphics, shading, cameras, etc.)
- Edit sermons down for the television show that airs weekly. This will be done following the direction of the Pastor & Creative/Technical Directors.
- Study and research contemporary camera techniques to utilize at FCC.
- Creatively translate a Creative Director & Pastor’s vision into a coherent and engaging product
- Conceptualize ideas and think visually
- Pay precise attention to detail
- Know when to use different technical and creative techniques
- Assist with the video taping/ editing of The Link which is our 3min announcement reel shown weekly.
- Assist with other video projects when assigned.
- Cast vision regularly by sharing stories and celebrating wins
- Provide coaching and feedback for continuous improvement
Manage Video Assets, Both Physical and Digital
- Encode services for internal viewing, web/station delivery, and archive
- Assist in the design, installation, and maintenance of video systems when needed
- Understand and troubleshoot an HD/SD-SDI broadcast level video system
- Keep control room areas current by presenting a professional working environment
Model a Growing and Vibrant Relationship with Christ
- Pursue full devotion to Christ and live the life we are inviting others to live
- Maintain a character as well as chemistry with others, that reflect God’s word
- Manifest the fruit of the spirit in all work habits and relationships
- Embody other-centered, servant-leadership in all interactions
Demonstrate and adapt to a “Church Family” connection and reflection:
- Pursue church family connect in how you lead and relate to staff, volunteers and others in the church body
- Accept and uphold FFC’s standards in your life
- 3+ years of live video production and crew management experience
Expert knowledge of broadcast video systems
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Media/Visual ArtsOrchardville Church
- Xenia, Illinois
- October 25
Director of Audio Visual ArtsManchester United Methodist Church
- Manchester, Missouri
- October 24
Campus ProducerScottsdale Bible Church
- Scottsdale, Arizona
- October 24
Lighting DirectorParkview Christian Church
- Orland Park, Illinois
- October 24
Media DirectorNorthshore Christian Church
- Everett, Washington
- October 20
Faith Family Church
Faith Family is a church with a heart for all people. Our mission is to love, learn, serve and share together. We are here to love God, learn His ways, serve His purposes and share his message well – with those in our relational circles as well as those inhabiting other regions of our planet. More...