City Church Chicago is interviewing candidates for Children's Pastor.
Our church, a Hillsong Family church, is in the heart of downtown Chicago. Lifestyle in downtown Chicago is urban and lively. Chicago is a destination for food and music lovers, and has beautiful summers on Lake Michigan.
We are a diverse community, with many young and creative professionals and students. Our mission is to love God, live planted, and lead change in our world. Pastor Kent and Alli Munsey planted the church in 2010, and the church has been growing steadily since then. We average about 1,100 attenders every weekend, and recently have reached the point when we need a full-time Children's Pastor.
Applicants can email a resume to email@example.com.
City Church Chicago
Committed to leading in all areas of City Kids children’s ministry and partnering with the Family Ministry Team as a whole for the success of kids, students and families. This is a full-time position.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Be versed in the Orange Strategy and be able to utilize 252 Curriculum, First Look, Lead Small, Go Weekly and the Parent Cue App
- Train, equip and retain effective storytellers, puppet team, worship team, media team for dynamic programming in each classroom
- Plan out and lead City Kids weekly Team Night for volunteers
- Develop team leaders and equip them for ministry
- Provide input, feedback about ministry environments, curriculum and programming when called upon to do so
- Insure that materials and curriculum are supplied and available for leaders in their environments.
- Communicate weekly with parents
- Staffs and schedules assigned volunteer roles for ministry area.
- Provides weekly communication with volunteers gathering feedback, providing support, and communicating upcoming ministry specifics.
- Actively recruits and trains City Kids volunteers for their area.
- Compiles and maintains volunteer files including background reports for their area.
- Ensures the proper placement of volunteers into appropriate roles of serving based on the volunteers’ passions, gifts and level of ministry experience.
- Collaborate with the City Kids ministry team to design and implement a healthy volunteer structure.
- Creatively recognize and appreciate volunteers throughout the year (birthday, anniversary, ministry successes, etc.)
- Distribute policy and procedure of kids ministry to volunteers
- Create a sense of team, fun, spiritual strength and relationship among team members
- Set specific goals and objectives for City Kids Ministry
- Provide spiritual and pastoral care for City Church Chicago families.
- Provide oversight and leadership in the execution of children's experiences
- Follow up with families and guests
- Participate in the weekly ministry team meetings.
- Participate in the planning, administration and execution of Family Ministry events.
- Manage budgeting
- Report weekly to Ministries Director
- Manage part-time Children's Ministry staff
- 4 Year Degree
- Minimum of 3 years experience in Kids Ministry leadership (early childhood development through elementary)
- Be versed in the Orange Strategy
- Must be a self starter and effective communicator
- Approachable and proactive
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Must be willing to learn Basecamp, Pro Presenter and our software
- Creative thinking skills
- Team player
- Ability to develop and lead teams
- Ability to confidentiality communicate from stage
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Comfortable using technology, i.e ProPresenter
- Experience with large group programmer/producing a plus
- Must complete a DISC profile
- Clearance of a criminal background check and drug test
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
New Hope Kids Campus/Site DirectorNew Hope Church
- Manvel, Texas
- October 24
Senior Pastor (767612)The Shepherd's Staff
- USA Southeast, Florida
- October 24
West Campus Children's Ministry CoordinatorCalvary Church
- St. Peters, Missouri
- October 24
Director of Children's MinistryStrongsville United Methodist Church
- Strongsville, Ohio
- October 24
Children's Ministry DirectorCapshaw Baptist Church
- Harvest, Alabama
- October 21