University United Methodist Church is located in the heart of Fort Worth, Texas, adjacent to both Texas Christian University (TCU) and the city’s largest public high school. University is excited to find new and creative ways to share the love of Jesus Christ
with the neighbors in this dynamic and diverse local community.
University UMC is looking for a visionary and creative individual to build and transform its ministry to 7th-12th grade students. Rather than constraining the position, University desires applicants who can recognize the broad possibilities available and
craft their position in conjunction with the pastor and other church staff. As it stands, the position includes the following responsibilities:
- Be an advocate for students and educate the congregation about the hopes, concerns, and needs of students in the local church and community.
- Develop a plan to effectively reach students in the community and develop a Student Ministry outreach plan. Develop and strengthen partnerships with other organizations that work with students and their families.
- Recruit and train volunteers who work with students and ensure adequate volunteer support for all student activities.
- Collaborate with youth (junior and senior high-aged students) parents and adults to build a network of support for youth and youth-specific ministries.
- Plan, develop and implement all aspects of a balanced student ministry in the areas of volunteer development, group building, worship, discipleship, mission, outreach and evangelism.
- Plan and execute programming for student meetings, activities, Bible studies, and Sunday School.
- Plan, ensure funding, and attend annual youth mission trip.
- Provide administrative leadership (budgeting, adherence to MinistrySafe policies, communication, social media, etc.) to Youth Ministries.
Qualifications required for this position include:
- High School graduate, college or professional work equivalent preferred
- Demonstrated leadership and commitment to Youth Ministries
- Satisfactory completion of all requirements of the MinistrySafe protection policy; adherence to all facets of the policy.
- Musical skills (especially in the area of Contemporary Worship) are a plus; qualified candidates may be considered for a combined position as Director of Youth Ministries/Worship Leader.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their resume to email@example.com.