1. Baccalaureate degree in education or a related field.
2. Experience in education leadership, organization, communication and program design.
3. The ability to:
- Relate a philosophy of Christian education to a program of ministry to children (first through sixth grade) and parents/ care givers.
- Exhibit a heart for children and their families.
- Relate and work well with church staff and volunteers.
- Exhibit dependability, accountability and teachability.
- Lead, recruit, train and maintain a team of volunteers.
- Communicate effectively.
- Create an environment where children will feel accepted, valued, loved and where strong relationships are formed.
- Teach children about Jesus and to grow in their daily walk with him.
4. Subscribe to and affirm the Statement of Faith and Covenant of Calvary Church.
5. Be a regular participant in public worship at Calvary Church.
6. Remain a member in good standing of Calvary Church.
The Children’s Ministry Outreach Director is responsible for the overall leadership, design and implementation of ministry initiatives to reach children in need in our community, including an after school care program in our Calvary Church Christian setting.
- Lead Children’s Outreach Ministry Team, including monthly meetings for program oversight.
- Lead and direct all aspects of the After School Kids program.
- Lead and direct outreach initiatives at North Star Estates Mobile Home Park.
- Work with Children’s Ministry staff to connect KidJam and SummerJam programs to kids in need in our community.
5. Select and develop curriculum.
6. Recruit, train and supervise staff and volunteers.
7. Prepare and manage the annual Children’s Ministry Outreach budget.
8. Welcome, orient and assimilate new children and families to the ASK program.
9. Promote outreach programs within the community and Calvary Church.
10. Maintain appropriate certifications including CPR and First Aid.
11. Remain familiar with and implement State of Minnesota guidelines for child care centers to maintain state licensing requirements.
1. Reports to the Children’s Ministry Director.
2. Relates to the members of the Children’s Outreach Ministry Team
3. Supervises volunteer and paid staff including interns.
4. Coordinates with other members of the church staff.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Campus PastorChurchology Staffing
- Fargo , North Dakota
- December 6
Pastor of Care MinistriesPrivate Profile
- Manhattan Beach, California
- December 6
Children's Ministry DirectorGrace Church of Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg, Virginia
- December 5
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY CAMPUS DIRECTORNew Hope Community Church
- Cambridge, Minnesota
- December 3
Worship LeaderFirst United Methodist Church of Slidell
- Slidell, Louisiana
- December 2
Calvary Church is a multi-site church with locations in Roseville and White Bear Township, Minnesota. We've been committed to spreading the good news of Jesus Christ for over 60 years. Now, as a church rooted in our past and looking toward the future, we are dedicated to continuing our ministry of faithfulness to Christ. More...