We are a community of people, from every walk of life
and every part of the country,
called together through the love of God
and the grace of Jesus Christ.
Through the enabling of the Holy Spirit
we are pursuing the purpose of
in authentic community
for the sake of the world.
The Presbyterian Church of the Big Wood is located in the beautiful resort town of Sun Valley, Idaho. One will discover small town charm that meets world-class recreation. Sun Valley not only boasts one of the nations top ski resorts, but also offers some
of the best hiking, biking and fly-fishing around. In addition to the abundant recreation there are many cultural attractions, fine dinning, shopping and tourist opportunities.
Visit: www.visitsunvalley.com to get a better look at our community.
The Director of Worship and Music is a spiritual and organizational leader who oversees the worship ministries of the Presbyterian Church of Big Wood (PCBW). This ministry includes but is not limited to leading our community worship gatherings in such a
way that the congregation has an opportunity for an authentic encounter with God’s presence; working with the staff and Session of PCBW to implement its developing vision, mission, and strategy in the worship area; crafting the themes for each service in conjunction
with the senior pastor; and training and nurturing worship team, choir, and technical team members.
Working alongside the Worship and Music Committee, the Director of Worship and Music shall report to the Senior Pastor.
1. A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ, and a vital, growing relationship with Him.
2. A clear commitment to being a team player who is involved in PCBW’s broader, developing vision for its mission in the Wood River Valley.
3. Support of PCBW’s expression of its theological foundation, “The Essential Tenets.”http://eco-pres.org/static/media/uploads/resources/Essential%20Tenets/eco-essential-tenets-confessions.pdf
4. Demonstrated excellence in leading worship and worship bands, including an ability to grow a music ministry.
5. Ability to lead and grow a choir and a choral ministry is desired, but not a requirement.
6. Sense of calling to serve in this kind of ministry role and ability to articulate this calling to others.
7. Proficiency in playing guitar or piano with the ability to lead vocally while playing.
8. Demonstrated ability to lead and develop teams of volunteers in all areas of worship ministry in a church with multiple worship services and differing styles of worship.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Seek to maintain integrity in one's own Christian life.
2. Work together as a team with the session and church staff. Be open to suggestions and changes as directed by Senior Pastor and Worship and Music Committee.
3. Be the primary planner /coordinator/worship leader of PCBW’s corporate worship life by:
- Working with the pastor to plan the weekend orders of worship, including songs, prayer times, reading, and other special elements. There are currently two services (930 AM Contemporary and 11:00 AM Traditional). A third service at an alternate time/site
has been envisioned.
- Working with the pastor and staff to plan special services (Christmas Eve, Holy Week, Easter, special concerts, etc.)
- Coordinating the weekend service participation of other people/groups (announcement givers, choir, guest missionaries, children’s groups, etc.).
- Scheduling worship band members to lead music, and participate as the lead worship band member (see 4 below).
- Work with the technical ministry team to coordinate technical elements of worship services.
- Preparing worship service media presentation (including lyrics, title slides, announcements slides, etc) and inserting the pastor’s teaching slides (provided).
- Using Planning Center to distribute the service worship plans to service participants, including as applicable mp3s, chord charts, etc.)
4.Enhance and further develop our church’s volunteer worship band ministry by:
- Recruiting and auditioning worship band musicians and vocalists who have an authentic faith in Jesus.
- Developing gifts of others and allowing them opportunities to participate as worship leaders.
- Scheduling worship band members
- Rehearsing band weekly, always including a spiritual devotion/time of prayer
5. Work to support our church’s choir ministry. Ability to lead a choir is desired; at a minimum the Director of Worship and Music would be an advocate for the choir and the supervisor of the choir director.
6. Be the staff lead who works with the Worship and Music elder chair to develop the Worship and Music Committee’s effectiveness in supporting PCBW’s worship ministries. Work with the elder chair to develop and maintain an annual budget for Worship and Music
7. Attend weekly staff meeting, and monthly Session meetings as requested.
8. Other ministry opportunities are envisioned, including the possibility of preaching/teaching.
Employment subject to PCBW’s Personnel Handbook. Salary negotiable depending on experience. As a full-time (40+ hours) employee, vacation and sick leave are per PCBW’s Personnel Handbook . Employee medical insurance provided.
Please visit www.pcbw.org and click on employment opportunities for an application. Additionally, please email your resume, a personal bio and a link to some video/audio of you leading worship to firstname.lastname@example.org